No announcement yet.

Treadmill vs Outdoors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadmill vs Outdoors?

I once read an article about treadmills that said running on a treadmill @ 0.00 incline is the same as running downhill outside. I even had a Ukrainian co-worker straight-up tell me treadmills are for girls (Pfffft ....jerk). I do both and I can definitelty tell a difference. Running outside on asphalt is definitely much harder. However, I sweat more on a treadmill and I feel like I get a better workout on the treadmill. Plus its easier on the knees. Anyways, Where do you do your runs? and is there really any difference if you run outdoors or if you run on a treadmill?

I'm not a fan of the treadmill. Boring and not as challenging because you're not having to push your weight forward. You're also not getting any variation in terrain or direction so you don't use stabilizer muscles much. The treadmill mitigates a lot of the work. If you're going to do it indoors, use the elliptical, IMO.

I don't run a lot but when I do it's gotta be outdoors, with my dog.

Comment

Run 2 miles on a tread mill and 2 miles outdoors it isn't the same. You can't build leg strength on a treadmill as good as you can outdoors.

Comment

running is running, not going to make much difference whether its treadmill or outdoors. But for enjoyment purposes i much prefer outdoors

Comment

Don't run on treadmills. It's like fake running. You're essentially a hamster on a wheel. You're not building up your leg muscles cuz you get no push off on treadmills.

The only reason to use a treadmill is if the weather's absolutely ****ty outside. And even then, you can have a much better, high intensity workout doing burpees indoors or some sort of plyometrics workout.

Comment

Working...
          X