No announcement yet.

Need advice about weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice about weight.

I walk around at 142 naturally, could anybody tell me what weightclass would it be better for me to tour through while im in my amateur career? I'm 5'10 btw.

Welterweight : 141-152
    Light Welter: 132-141
    Lightweight: 126-132

light welter

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
      light welter
      The issue is will I have to worry about guys who naturally walk around at 152 cutting 12 lbs to make that weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Skorch View Post
        The issue is will I have to worry about guys who naturally walk around at 152 cutting 12 lbs to make that weight?
        yeah, true, but was thinking for amateur career youre likely to be fighting pretty frequent, would be a pain in the arse to cut a good chunk of weight for every fight, maybe just experiment and take one at lightweight and see how difficult it is for you to do it

Comment

Are you fantasizing about pro fights or are you an active amateur? No welter is cutting 12lbs for same-day weigh-ins. If you are actively fighting then you probably know where you belong and it's likely 141lbs.

If you haven't trained yet and are just getting into boxing, you're getting way ahead of yourself. Your body composition is going to change. Some lose weight when training, some gain. Train for a year and see where you're at. Your coach is pretty much going to guide you through this so don't waste any time worrying about it.

Comment

Light welter. In the amateurs you don't really want to cut much weight. Some guys do and they won't last long. The only time you want to cut weight in the amateurs is when you're preparing for a fight.

Comment

5'10 142 lbs?

That's crazy... Straight skin and bones.

Comment

Working...
              X