No announcement yet.

Don't know......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know......

I don't know which way to fight lol.. Im righty but fight in a southpaw stance.. When i throw my right hook from a southpaw stance i throw it faster and harder.. As when i throw a left hook from the conventional stance it's slower.. I don't know.. I probaly think it's slower but it's not.. I could fight both stances.. But yet don't know which one i should use always! I want to start training soon. Never trained before but when i street box people think i trained before. I learned from watching so many ****ing boxing fights. Also droped a couple of people street boxing. Whats a good way to improve hand speed? Shadow boxing? I need some advice fellas!

When i train im going to be the best! Get my ass threw the amatures! Then try to make moves!

nobody showin this thread any love? ill help.

we're on the same boat man. the left hook is one of the hardest punches to learn to throw right. without a trainer, it can be frustrating.

i did the same thing as you at first. i was havin trouble throwing a left hook, so i went southpaw and fell in love with my new stiff jab and crazy powerful lead hook. did you drop people as a southpaw or righty?

for handspeed, shadowbox in rounds, and often. dont stiffen up when you throw, make sure to stay loose and throw fluid punches...dont clench your fist tight until youre about to connect - youll find that increases your speed a lot. throw on fast music with a good beat and shadowbox in front of a mirror....shadowboxing is actually one of my favorite workouts because you focus on technique, balance, and rhythm.

Comment

Most people who aren't boxers get impressed easily.

Comment

Originally posted by saq26
        nobody showin this thread any love? ill help.

we're on the same boat man. the left hook is one of the hardest punches to learn to throw right. without a trainer, it can be frustrating.

i did the same thing as you at first. i was havin trouble throwing a left hook, so i went southpaw and fell in love with my new stiff jab and crazy powerful lead hook. did you drop people as a southpaw or righty?

for handspeed, shadowbox in rounds, and often. dont stiffen up when you throw, make sure to stay loose and throw fluid punches...dont clench your fist tight until youre about to connect - youll find that increases your speed a lot. throw on fast music with a good beat and shadowbox in front of a mirror....shadowboxing is actually one of my favorite workouts because you focus on technique, balance, and rhythm.

Yea i droped people when i was fighting in my southpaw position. Droped someone with a nice right hook flush on the chin. And the other person i droped was with a nice left down the middle. They was all older than me and they weight atleast 30 pounds more than me. I be shadowboxing...Alot.. I do it almost everyday. But i never tried what you said. "Make sure you stay loose" Im always stiff.. But not that much. One thing i really need to work on is my balance. I know it sucks without a trainer. As for this dude above me Slightlystoopid.. I been watching boxing for like over 6 years.. Im 18.. I used to watch it when i was small lol. I had over 50+ Street boxing matches.. All went 2-3 rounds max (Mostly 2 rounds). Everyone weights diffrent. Never fought someone below my weight.

Thanks alot man.. Good looking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated
          Yea i droped people when i was fighting in my southpaw position. Droped someone with a nice right hook flush on the chin. And the other person i droped was with a nice left down the middle. They was all older than me and they weight atleast 30 pounds more than me. I be shadowboxing...Alot.. I do it almost everyday. But i never tried what you said. "Make sure you stay loose" Im always stiff.. But not that much. One thing i really need to work on is my balance. I know it sucks without a trainer. As for this dude above me Slightlystoopid.. I been watching boxing for like over 6 years.. Im 18.. I used to watch it when i was small lol. I had over 50+ Street boxing matches.. All went 2-3 rounds max (Mostly 2 rounds). Everyone weights diffrent. Never fought someone below my weight.

Thanks alot man.. Good looking out.
          Good ****, but who's that fool in the avatar?

Comment

his girlfriend

wish i had 1 like that

Comment

Originally posted by EXIGE
              Good ****, but who's that fool in the avatar?
              That's me son! When i start training im going to be in the gym 24/7! All day everyday! Right now im like 139 pounds.. You think they would drop me? Like fight at a lower weight?

Comment

If you've got power and accuracy in your left fighting out of southpaw, then pick whichever stance you are more comfortable in.

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej
                  If you've got power and accuracy in your left fighting out of southpaw, then pick whichever stance you are more comfortable in.

Yea i feel way more comfortable in southpaw. I also move better in my southpaw stance. Like my movement is faster.. I could pivot my body more better than i can from a conventional stance. I don't know it's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated
                    Never trained before but when i street box people think i trained before. I learned from watching so many ****ing boxing fights.

When i train im going to be the best! Get my ass threw the amatures! Then try to make moves!
                    You cant truely know how to fight until you have rally trained. You might no more than some *****s on the streets but not in the ring. But after boxingall the time in the streets, when you start really boxing you will probable love it. When i was in like 6 and 7th grade me and all my boys use to box and i would jus fuk everybody up all the time. I was liek the only one who knew to throw straight punches and use a jab and move my head. Then i got into real boxing a little later and i jus absolutely love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X