No announcement yet.

punch bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punch bag

Which Punch bag is the best? Freestanding or Hanging Bag??

see more at : boxingequipmentss.blogspot.com/2016/07/which-punch-bag-is-best-freestanding-or.html

Hanging bags are better for boxers.

A hanging bag generally mimics how you will move around the ring and how to precisely time your jabs.

I've been boxing at 20th street in Denver for about 2 months and we only have hanging bags. Just an old school boxer's preference too.

Comment

I've got a heavy bag from that australian brand, the one used in amateur tournament recently, and is really good, heavy bag, i can practice most of the drills, the rest i practice them on light sparring.

Comment

Get a 6'0 muay thai 150/200 pound Heavy bag....it mimicks human body thru impact and lean way unlike normal boxing leather bags that are easy to rip and don't compare,and has a much larger taget area to hit....hang it short chained ...this will generate fewer movement which helps power. Boxing gyms make the mistake of hanging bags high from the ceiling...this is no good b/c it takes the gravity away from the punch...I hit these bages 6 inches from th hanging placement,because it will force a far greater resistance and improve power.

Comment

Working...
        X