Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think this is a good gym to go to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think this is a good gym to go to?

the gym I've been considering going to is amateur boxing sanctioned, but it also teaches MMA,BJJ,muay thai,kickboxing and karate. It's not too far from where I live and the boxing program is only 50$/month, do you think it's a good idea to go to a boxing gym that teaches other arts or should I go to a boxing gym that teaches purely boxing & no other self defence art? I'm wondering this cuz I don't want my training to be hindered or affected badly by a trainer who happens to be a MMA artist rather then a boxing coach. Does it really make a difference?

i doubt it...they probally have trianers who stick to their sport...and other trainers who train other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOut Le
      i doubt it...they probally have trianers who stick to their sport...and other trainers who train other sports.
      I agree. I went to one of those gym's and the coaches stuck to there specialty. I also got into different contests under different coaches depending on the fighting style. Even if a coach new all styles he'd have to be ******ed to teach you how to kick or grapple when all you want to do is box.

Comment

The gym I'll be going to is mixed. I don't see any reason why it would make a difference. Check it out at least. For $50 a month, I'd definitly be all over that.

Who knows, maybe you'll see some other stuff you'd rather do. The very least I'm sure it would be fun to watch the other classes. When I went into the gym the other night they were doing some form of Thai Kickboxing and that **** looked bad ass.

Comment

where do u live? Im thinking of going to one of exactly like u described.

Comment

Working...
          X