Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring.

https://youtu.be/7yfZu85grsY

https://youtu.be/8ZoFR1eGlws

how can I add more leverage and power to my inside shots?

Originally posted by Skorch View Post
    https://youtu.be/7yfZu85grsY

https://youtu.be/8ZoFR1eGlws

how can I add more leverage and power to my inside shots?
    From what I saw your sparring partner was stronger/more dominant on the inside and what I mean by that is he had a more forward/aggresive presence. I noticed in the amateur bout and in sparring that you are a fighter who likes to sit back and pick your opponents apart and you have pretty good defense. You have a good shoulder roll.

If you want to get better on the inside you need to have better uppercuts and hooks. Short punches. I can't physically show you what to do so I am going to recommend someone to you. Roberto Duran. He is/was the greatest inside fighter to ever live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaUrm26VQh8

If you want more power I will tell you this. Power is more mental than physical. Look at GGG and Tyson. Their opponents were beat before they stepped into the ring with them because they were intimidated by his power. To increase power you have to believe you have hands of stone. If you go into a fight believing you can hit like Tommy Hearns then you WILL hit hard I guarantee it. I used to be awake in the middle of the night worried that I didn't have power and that I was feather fisted but whenever I believed I had power and didn't think about hitting hard I did.

Hopefully the video helps, it did for me.

Comment

Oh yeah and I almost forgot speed kills. The more and faster punches you get in the better. For leverage you have to really sit down and put your body weight into the punch. For hooks pivot left and put the weight on your left leg then snap the left hook and all of the body weight across to the back foot. Vice versa for right hook. For right cross bend your knees and snap your hips and transfer the weight from right foot to left and keep the weight moving towards the opponent. Same with the hooks. For uppercuts practice plyometrics. Something Rocky Marciano did was to get into a low squat with his ass near the floor and jump up as high as he could throwing an uppercut.

Comment

Needs;
        Your right foot is pointing to far out, if you refer to the hands on a clock your back foot is at "3 o'clock"! When you throw your right hand you come up short with power because your right hip is NOT involved with your right hand punch!
        To correct this fault you need to use a full length mirror and shadow box keeping your toes pointed at "2 o'clock" (referencing a clock) so that when the right hand is thrown your "right foot pivot" is involved to add your right side body weight.

You wait to long to let your jab go and never throw combinations off your jab, WHY? The jab is to detect distance, score a point but most importantly to set up combinations!!!

Keep your elbows down, don't lift an elbow when you begin to throw, you are giving away your attack! Use this knowledge when evaluating your opponents. The first flaw to look for is the elbow movement from your opponent. It is the most common flaw in giving away punches. Elbows in until the punch is launched will add power because your elbow flare out towards the end of the punch adds power if you turn your fists correctly!

Thats enough to work on ......................

You move well and your natural abilities come through nicely. They will get better once you get your breathing under control and that will happen as you learn to relax in the ring.
        The boy your working with leaves his body exposed when he bends over you need to touch his sides and be ready to land when he stands up!
        You must learn to take what is given while you learn to set up yopur opponents.

ps.....tell the trainer who is "CONSTANTLY" yelling I said to shut the fu@% up! He can't teach a young fellow to learn by distracting him while he's working! Pick one or two things to work on per round and just remind the fighter NOT yell for 3 minutes!!! Seriously thats not how you teach boxing.

I like your length, your posture, your reactions and your attack. Defense will improve as you work in a mirror rolling and slipping and better spar partners will teach you too hahahaha..........ok?
        More work on your breathing so your legs are stronger, be first....always first!

Ray Corso

Comment

Not sure what you are seeing ,you clealrly out boxed him...your main problem is no jab set ups and no defense for over hand right,other than that your opponent really had to wait until you slowed down the punch count. Step into the right more by simply adjusting your weight towards the opponent, twisting the foot slightly pointing straighter,only you know what your balance is,its just sparring but you could have made him look really bad here,he has a guard up walk forward system waiting to counter because hes slow...JAB/JAB /JAB

Comment

Working...
          X