No announcement yet.

How to utilize the straight right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
    I've picked up a bad habit of not throwing the straight right so much.
    I did some more sparring today and both trainers said I need to throw it more.

I think it's a matter of distance- I feel like I can always connect with the jab because I step forward and throw it, but with the straight right there is no forward stepping, so I tend to throw it only at short distances when I have my opponent on the ropes or something. I also usually throw it as a 1-2.

But today I was told to throw it anyway, even if I think it won't connect.

Any advice? Thanks
    Look Hermano, be UN predictable. But, throw it in with feints.

Once we become buddies, we roll to Tijuana, you will see subtle things most never pick up on.

Peace brother. Good luck in your next fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Look Hermano, be UN predictable. But, throw it in with feints.

Once we become buddies, we roll to Tijuana, you will see subtle things most never pick up on.

Peace brother. Good luck in your next fight!
      Sounds good! Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
        I've picked up a bad habit of not throwing the straight right so much.
        I did some more sparring today and both trainers said I need to throw it more.

I think it's a matter of distance- I feel like I can always connect with the jab because I step forward and throw it, but with the straight right there is no forward stepping, so I tend to throw it only at short distances when I have my opponent on the ropes or something. I also usually throw it as a 1-2.

But today I was told to throw it anyway, even if I think it won't connect.

Any advice? Thanks
        Move both feet.
        Your jab and left foot move together, as you step in, right? If you don't move your right foot, your right hand will come up short.

Comment

Working...
        X