Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will boxing make me skinny/lose my muscle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motivational View Post
    In three years time, as I recommended he will be twenty two, he can join the army and kill people. I don't think he's a kid.

Steroids have absolutely no effect on the brain. So I have no idea why that would matter. And your epiphyseal plate (growth plates) stop growing around nineteen or twenty depending on genetics and gender. By mid twenties, your body will have fully developed. As I told him, wait three years till his body is fully developed.

Tell that to every athlete and bodybuilder who makes millions using them.

As soon as you come off steroids, your hormones will drop down dramatically because you've been using synthetic hormones, which have made your body stop producing their own hormones since you're doing it for them. If you don't do anything and just wait, you will have no hormones and you will lose all your muscle over the course of about two months. After a while, your body will realise what's going on and it will fix the problem and you will regain some of the lost muscle.

That's why you run something called a PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) it basically means as soon as you stop taking steroids, your body starts producing hormones almost immediately. You can easilly keep almost all of your gains on a steroid cycle if you know what you're doing. The only way you can't keep your gains is if you build too much muscle for your natural testosterone limit because your body will just lose all the muscle that you can't carry because your genetics wont allow it.

Firstly, I told him to lift for a couple of years first because it's important to see what your genetics are like and if you can actually achieve your goals without the use of steroids. Secondly, joint problems? Weighing 200lbs will not give you joint porblems. Hell, I weigh 200lbs and I'm doing just fine. If anything, most steroids increase bone density and make your bones stronger.

There's really no long term risks if you know what you're doing. It's far healthier to be 200 lbs and using steroids and exercising everyday than being 300 lbs and not exercising your whole life. I can't remember Bob from Fight Club, I haven't seen that movie in years. It was a brilliant movie though.
    Where do you think hormones are produced? THE BRAIN!

I didn't say that being 200lbs will give you bad joints I said a naturally 150 guy who goes up to 230lbs using steroids will have bad joints at the very least.

I can't actually believe you are rationalizing steroids and saying that they are alright and have little to no bad side effects. You should be banned for that alone. Comparing a 200lb guy on steroids and a 300lbs person not exercising their entire life is pretty stupid because a 300lbs person is obviously in the top 1% for unhealthy people.

Bob from fight club was a bodybuilder who used steroids and had so much testosterone from steroids that his body started producing estrogen which gave him bi.tch ****. It might be a movie but it happens in real life too just do some research into it.

Bottom line is your fabricating what steroids do. You are making it sound like they are good for you like vitamins. Your body never fully recovers like you tried saying. People get life long heart conditions and heath issues from using steroids. When you have so much muscle mass from steroids your heart can't keep up with sending oxygen to the muscles. It just gives out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr.DagoWop;16753709]
      Where do you think hormones are produced? THE BRAIN!

The main hormone bodybuilders inject is testosterone.

Where do you think testosterone is made? The testicles. Have you never heard the stigma that your balls shrink when you take steroids? They do. The hormones your brain makes are not relevant to testosterone therefore, they're irrelavent. The brain is like a factory owner and it tells the little workers what to do. If something goes wrong, it's the workers that get injured and not the factory owner. Your brain simply tells your body what to do. If you want to move your arm, your brain tells your arm to move via the use of nerves. It's your arm that moves.

I didn't say that being 200lbs will give you bad joints I said a naturally 150 guy who goes up to 230lbs using steroids will have bad joints at the very least.
      Why? Why does using steroids make his joints bad but doing it naturally wouldn't? I have no idea what you're trying to get at here. You might get bad joints from being 200lbs for years and years but you're obviously implying that this is a short term thing. Having muscle will not give you bad joints. Being fat will give you bad joints.

I can't actually believe you are rationalizing steroids and saying that they are alright and have little to no bad side effects. You should be banned for that alone.
      I'm not rationalizing them. I'm telling you that you can take them in a way where there's little to no harm and you wont receive much damage.

Comparing a 200lb guy on steroids and a 300lbs person not exercising their entire life is pretty stupid because a 300lbs person is obviously in the top 1% for unhealthy people.
      I'll explain to you the point I'm trying to make. If I can triple your time in a marathon and I'm on steroids, my body is in a far fitter state than yours. The steroids will raise my blood pressure slightly and bring my cholesterol up which is bad but I'm clearly in a far superior state than you. They do damage to you but you can easilly minimise this damage. Not to mention, the damage is easilly reversable. Your cholestrol goes up? Bring it down after your steroids are over. Start running faster and do better dieting. It's not as if the side effects are permanent.
      Bob from fight club was a bodybuilder who used steroids and had so much testosterone from steroids that his body started producing estrogen which gave him bi.tch ****. It might be a movie but it happens in real life too just do some research into it.
      That's because Bob is an absolute idiot. You have a testosterone to estrogen ratio. As you can imagine, when you increase your testosterone levels your estrogen levels will rise too. You simply take anti-estrogens to counter-act this problem. It's not as if it happens overnight either, it would take months for this to occur and it would be obvious. Not to mention, it's easy to treat gynecomastia (or man boobs as you say) through the Doctor.

Bottom line is your fabricating what steroids do. You are making it sound like they are good for you like vitamins. Your body never fully recovers like you tried saying. People get life long heart conditions and heath issues from using steroids. When you have so much muscle mass from steroids your heart can't keep up with sending oxygen to the muscles. It just gives out.
      People get life long heart conditions and heath issues from using steroids
      No, steroids have very little effect on the heart. Listen, you take steroids and you get huge. It's the amount of muscle mass and the weight that they weigh which causes this. Being 200KG of muscle is far worse than being 200KG of fat. Arnold was around 130KG from since he was eighteen into his forties. Thirty years of being that size and he had a heart problem from birth and he's fine. Not to mention Arnold abused the absolute hell out of steroids. Anyone who gets health issues from steroids has either not done enough research or has been using them for too long.

[QUOTE]Schwarzenegger was born with a bicuspid aortic valve, an aortic valve with only two leaflets (a normal aortic valve has three leaflets). Schwarzenegger opted in 1997 for a replacement heart valve made of his own transplanted tissue; medical experts predicted he would require heart valve replacement surgery in the following two to eight years as his valve would progressively degrade. Schwarzenegger apparently opted against a mechanical valve, the only permanent solution available at the time of his surgery, because it would have sharply limited his physical activity and capacity to exercise.

When you have so much muscle mass from steroids your heart can't keep up with sending oxygen to the muscles. It just gives out
      Exactly, it's the exact same with fat though. You have to reach around 400lbs before your heart will start to have problems. Rich Piana is forty five years old and has weighed above 300lbs ever since and his heart hasn't cut out.

Last edited by motivational; 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

thanks guys for your precious thoughts, i think i'm not going to start taking steroids, even natural.

Comment

Natural steroids? Firstly, don't touch steroids till you're at least twenty two - twenty four, otherwise you will completely mess up your hormones.

If you're naturally skinny, just go to the gym and work like everyone else does. Then after three to four years, if you still want to go down that route, that's your choice.
          actually, i've been going to gym 3-5 times a week for half a year. my body looks much better, no significant muscle growth.

Comment

wiki: A steroid is an organic compound with four rings arranged in a specific configuration. Examples include the dietary lipid cholesterol, the sex hormones estradiol and testosterone:10–19 and the anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone.

is there any way that natural steroids don't contain all those hormones but have only natural herbs? would it help muscle growth?

Comment

[QUOTE=motivational;16753830][QUOTE=Mr.DagoWop;16753709]

The main hormone bodybuilders inject is testosterone.

Where do you think testosterone is made? The testicles. Have you never heard the stigma that your balls shrink when you take steroids? They do. The hormones your brain makes are not relevant to testosterone therefore, they're irrelavent. The brain is like a factory owner and it tells the little workers what to do. If something goes wrong, it's the workers that get injured and not the factory owner. Your brain simply tells your body what to do. If you want to move your arm, your brain tells your arm to move via the use of nerves. It's your arm that moves.

Why? Why does using steroids make his joints bad but doing it naturally wouldn't? I have no idea what you're trying to get at here. You might get bad joints from being 200lbs for years and years but you're obviously implying that this is a short term thing. Having muscle will not give you bad joints. Being fat will give you bad joints.

I'm not rationalizing them. I'm telling you that you can take them in a way where there's little to no harm and you wont receive much damage.

I'll explain to you the point I'm trying to make. If I can triple your time in a marathon and I'm on steroids, my body is in a far fitter state than yours. The steroids will raise my blood pressure slightly and bring my cholesterol up which is bad but I'm clearly in a far superior state than you. They do damage to you but you can easilly minimise this damage. Not to mention, the damage is easilly reversable. Your cholestrol goes up? Bring it down after your steroids are over. Start running faster and do better dieting. It's not as if the side effects are permanent.

That's because Bob is an absolute idiot. You have a testosterone to estrogen ratio. As you can imagine, when you increase your testosterone levels your estrogen levels will rise too. You simply take anti-estrogens to counter-act this problem. It's not as if it happens overnight either, it would take months for this to occur and it would be obvious. Not to mention, it's easy to treat gynecomastia (or man boobs as you say) through the Doctor.

No, steroids have very little effect on the heart. Listen, you take steroids and you get huge. It's the amount of muscle mass and the weight that they weigh which causes this. Being 200KG of muscle is far worse than being 200KG of fat. Arnold was around 130KG from since he was eighteen into his forties. Thirty years of being that size and he had a heart problem from birth and he's fine. Not to mention Arnold abused the absolute hell out of steroids. Anyone who gets health issues from steroids has either not done enough research or has been using them for too long.

Schwarzenegger was born with a bicuspid aortic valve, an aortic valve with only two leaflets (a normal aortic valve has three leaflets). Schwarzenegger opted in 1997 for a replacement heart valve made of his own transplanted tissue; medical experts predicted he would require heart valve replacement surgery in the following two to eight years as his valve would progressively degrade. Schwarzenegger apparently opted against a mechanical valve, the only permanent solution available at the time of his surgery, because it would have sharply limited his physical activity and capacity to exercise.

Exactly, it's the exact same with fat though. You have to reach around 400lbs before your heart will start to have problems. Rich Piana is forty five years old and has weighed above 300lbs ever since and his heart hasn't cut out.

The body is entirely connected. Brain and testicles included.

I didn't say that being naturally 230 lbs wouldn't be detrimental to your joints. In fact it would. A natural 150 lb guy is going to be smaller and therefore won't be able to reach 230 lbs, and still look aesthetically pleasing, naturally. I also never said any of this happens short term. In fact I have been talking about long term health for most of this.

There is no way to take steroids with minimal to no damage long term.

You are seriously underestimating the amount that steroids will increase blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. we're talking about for bodybuilding right? The guy wants to gain some size and you said to do steroids. Steroid use has LONG TERM EFFECTS!!!!!! You keep acting like once your off everything is back to normal in a couple of months. NOOO!!!

Plenty of bodybuilders have died from heart attacks and other heart issues directly because of their steroid use. Some steroids make your heart bigger and eventually cause it to burst. Then you will say "just stop using steroids" well then what was the point? You lose all of your gains and have hormones all out of whack and have to start all over.

Arnold wasn't 130kg. More like 260 pounds off season and he had a big frame to support that. He was nowhere near that weight at 18 btw. Also by 1984 he weighed only 225lbs. Again nowhere near 130kg. Arnold is irrelevant in this whole thing because steroids have changed drastically from what they were back then. The shlt they had back then was nowhere near as powerful nor detrimental to what they have today.

No problems until 400lbs? How do you explain the millions of people who have heart troubles? They all weigh at least 400lbs? You are delusional man. People have heart trouble due to weight struggles only weighing in in the 200s.

How do you know Rich Piana's health issues? Are you his doctor? His heart is gonna cut out one day and a lot sooner than most people. If you think Rich Piana is healthy then you need to go to a clinical psychologist bro.

Comment

Originally posted by jim222 View Post
                wiki: A steroid is an organic compound with four rings arranged in a specific configuration. Examples include the dietary lipid cholesterol, the sex hormones estradiol and testosterone:10–19 and the anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone.

is there any way that natural steroids don't contain all those hormones but have only natural herbs? would it help muscle growth?
                There are different types of steroids. All made for different purposes. The ones you're referring to are called anabolic steroids and they're completely different to normal cortisol steroids. Anabolic steroids are made for the purpose of making your body more anabolic (growing). The natural steroids that you're referring to are produced using natural materials but as soon as you inject them into your body, they become a hormone and can be extremely dangerous.

At nineteen, you have a body that is literally made for exercise and you should be in the best shape of your life. You need to just go to the gym and work your ass off. Don't use steroids unless you know what you're doing. You can seriously mess yourself up if you use them ignorantly.

Comment

Steroids can be done safely with some basic research. Most elite level athletes take them, as do a lot more everyday people than you'd expect.

A lot of the negative side effects of steroids are only temporary if you do your research and take the appropriate post cycle therapy.

So long as you're an adult with fully regulated hormones, you should be fine (again given you do your research). Still wouldn't recommend. Not worth it unless a multi million dollar fight depends on you performing at your absolute peak.

Comment

Mr.DagoWop

The body is entirely connected. Brain and testicles included.
                    This is completely irrelevant. Steroids do absolutely nothing to your brain. They only effect your heart, liver and muscle. That's it. Nobody has ever died by their head exploding from taking steroids.

I didn't say that being naturally 230 lbs wouldn't be detrimental to your joints. In fact it would. I also never said any of this happens short term. In fact I have been talking about long term health for most of this.
                    Anthony Joshua is 230lbs. Are his joints being crushed under his sheer weight? I highly doubt. Considering I'm almost 200lbs at the moment and I'm trying to gain weight, I can tell you that there's very little difference. As you get bigger, your bones and joints get stronger too (only to a certain extent of course) but as I said, you can easily be 230lbs and not have joint problems.

A natural 150 lb guy is going to be smaller and therefore won't be able to reach 230 lbs, and still look aesthetically pleasing, naturally.
                    I don't even know what to say to that statement. There's no such thing as a natural weight. Your weight is totally dependent upon your diet. Fat people aren't born fat. It's the way they've eaten all their lives that has made them this way. Obviously genetics account for some of this but it's mostly due to diet. Being aesthetically pleasing is totally subjective also, so you really can't say if someone is or isn't aesthetically pleasing or not.

There is no way to take steroids with minimal to no damage long term.
                    Of course there is. Inject them so that they don't have to be processed by your liver and use a good PACT. You will keep all your gains and you'll be fine. You're forgetting that these hormones are already in your body, taking slightly more will do no harm. It's only when you're taking huge amounts that they begin to cause damage and it takes years for this to happen.

You are seriously underestimating the amount that steroids will increase blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. We're talking about for bodybuilding right? The guy wants to gain some size and you said to do steroids. Steroid use has LONG TERM EFFECTS!!!!!! You keep acting like once your off everything is back to normal in a couple of months. NOOO!!!

Plenty of bodybuilders have died from heart attacks and other heart issues directly because of their steroid use. Some steroids make your heart bigger and eventually cause it to burst. Then you will say "just stop using steroids" well then what was the point? You lose all of your gains and have hormones all out of whack and have to start all over.
                    Some steroids will not make your heart bigger. Growth Hormones will make your heart bigger and HGH is not a steroid. The majority of steroids are based of testosterone, they have no effect on the size of your heart. All testosterone does is tells your body how much muscle it can have and how fast it repairs. Therefore, more testosterone means more muscle and a faster recovery time.

Why the hell would your heart grow? Did you even think about this before you typed it?

The majority of athletes who are dominating their sports are using steroids. Are you saying that Lance Armstrong had high cholesterol or bad fitness? Obviously not.

Arnold wasn't 130kg. More like 260 pounds off season and he had a big frame to support that. He was nowhere near that weight at 18 BTW. Also by 1984 he weighed only 225lbs. Again nowhere near 130kg. Arnold is irrelevant in this whole thing because steroids have changed drastically from what they were back then. The shlt they had back then was nowhere near as powerful nor detrimental to what they have today.
                    I said he was around 130KG and I was just using that as a rough estimate. I would hardly call 6'2 a big frame either. We can definitely agree that he was over 100KG for thirty years which still proves my point. And steroids were just as powerful back then. It was never a case that they weren't powerful enough, it was simply that the human body wasn't and still isn't able to get to a certain size without terrible health risks.

No problems until 400lbs? How do you explain the millions of people who have heart troubles? They all weigh at least 400lbs? You are delusional man. People have heart trouble due to weight struggles only weighing in in the 200s.
                    Because people take things too far and are stupid. I assume we're talking about low dosages and I've been assuming this the whole discussion considering all that Jim wanted to do was gain some muscle. He didn't want to be a bloody Mr Olympia winner.

You have to acknowledge that some steroids are stronger than others and therefore more dangerous. Nobody should be taking something like growth hormone unless they know what they're doing.

Normal steroids don't effect your heart. They make your blood pressure slightly higher but that's only because you'll have more muscle from the second you put them into your body. More muscle is more work for your heart. You're also forgetting that human beings are creatures of endurance. We're not made for strength or to weigh heavy (that's for apes and chimpanzees) we're made for the purpose of endurance. There's very few animals that can run a further distance than a human.
                    How do you know Rich Piana's health issues? Are you his doctor? His heart is gonna cut out one day and a lot sooner than most people. If you think Rich Piana is healthy then you need to go to a clinical psychologist bro.
                    Well, I've been watching his Vlogs for the last couple of years and he's completely honest about everything he does. He tells his viewers what he's using, how much and the side effects. He has said multiple times that his blood work is perfectly fine and that he is not doing bodybuilding anymore because he doesn't want to do damage to himself.

Considering that Piana is almost fifty and the average life expectancy three hundred years ago was only twenty five, I think we can say that in comparison to the rest of the human race, Rich Piana is actually healthy considering his age. Jokes aside, there's very few fifty year olds that could outrun Piana or lift more than him. He's not in bad shape for someone of his age.

Read hisnamewas post if you have no idea what I'm talking about, this guy knows his stuff.

Comment

Mr.DagoWop

This is completely irrelevant. Steroids do absolutely nothing to your brain. They only effect your heart, liver and muscle. That's it. Nobody has ever died by their head exploding from taking steroids.

Anthony Joshua is 230lbs. Are his joints being crushed under his sheer weight? I highly doubt. Considering I'm almost 200lbs at the moment and I'm trying to gain weight, I can tell you that there's very little difference. As you get bigger, your bones and joints get stronger too (only to a certain extent of course) but as I said, you can easily be 230lbs and not have joint problems.

I don't even know what to say to that statement. There's no such thing as a natural weight. Your weight is totally dependent upon your diet. Fat people aren't born fat. It's the way they've eaten all their lives that has made them this way. Obviously genetics account for some of this but it's mostly due to diet. Being aesthetically pleasing is totally subjective also, so you really can't say if someone is or isn't aesthetically pleasing or not.

Of course there is. Inject them so that they don't have to be processed by your liver and use a good PACT. You will keep all your gains and you'll be fine. You're forgetting that these hormones are already in your body, taking slightly more will do no harm. It's only when you're taking huge amounts that they begin to cause damage and it takes years for this to happen.

Some steroids will not make your heart bigger. Growth Hormones will make your heart bigger and HGH is not a steroid. The majority of steroids are based of testosterone, they have no effect on the size of your heart. All testosterone does is tells your body how much muscle it can have and how fast it repairs. Therefore, more testosterone means more muscle and a faster recovery time.

Why the hell would your heart grow? Did you even think about this before you typed it?

The majority of athletes who are dominating their sports are using steroids. Are you saying that Lance Armstrong had high cholesterol or bad fitness? Obviously not.

I said he was around 130KG and I was just using that as a rough estimate. I would hardly call 6'2 a big frame either. We can definitely agree that he was over 100KG for thirty years which still proves my point. And steroids were just as powerful back then. It was never a case that they weren't powerful enough, it was simply that the human body wasn't and still isn't able to get to a certain size without terrible health risks.

Because people take things too far and are stupid. I assume we're talking about low dosages and I've been assuming this the whole discussion considering all that Jim wanted to do was gain some muscle. He didn't want to be a bloody Mr Olympia winner.

You have to acknowledge that some steroids are stronger than others and therefore more dangerous. Nobody should be taking something like growth hormone unless they know what they're doing.

Normal steroids don't effect your heart. They make your blood pressure slightly higher but that's only because you'll have more muscle from the second you put them into your body. More muscle is more work for your heart. You're also forgetting that human beings are creatures of endurance. We're not made for strength or to weigh heavy (that's for apes and chimpanzees) we're made for the purpose of endurance. There's very few animals that can run a further distance than a human.

Well, I've been watching his Vlogs for the last couple of years and he's completely honest about everything he does. He tells his viewers what he's using, how much and the side effects. He has said multiple times that his blood work is perfectly fine and that he is not doing bodybuilding anymore because he doesn't want to do damage to himself.

Considering that Piana is almost fifty and the average life expectancy three hundred years ago was only twenty five, I think we can say that in comparison to the rest of the human race, Rich Piana is actually healthy considering his age. Jokes aside, there's very few fifty year olds that could outrun Piana or lift more than him. He's not in bad shape for someone of his age.

Read hisnamewas post if you have no idea what I'm talking about, this guy knows his stuff.
                      Anthony Joshua is 6 foot ****ing 6! Is that not a big frame to you? 6 foot 2 is a big frame as well considering average height is 5 foot 10. The bigger your skeleton the more weight is supports...capisce paisano?

You are literally denying science. Ever heard of metabolism? A naturally smaller man (weight wise) has a faster metabolism. A naturally bigger man has a slower metabolism. That's why on a 2000 calorie diet some people are 175 lbs and others are 120 lbs.

Yes, steroids have become different over the years. Anyone who knows anything about the bodybuilding industry knows this. Arnold, Frank Zane, and Lou Ferrigno weren't injecting stuff that was anywhere near the stuff they have today.

Don't respond if you are going to deny basic science.

Comment

Working...
                      X