Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best tactics against awkward boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Point A being your fist and point B being his body. A windmill puncher is usually a guy who has no idea what he is doing. Throw straight punches to the body in order to slow him down. Then take it up top. Keep those punches nice and straight and you will beat him every time.

He'll get discouraged and go for broke by throwing everything he has into one punch. This will wear him out and he will be like putty.

Comment

Rip the body

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
        Obviously when the opponent is awkward they are difficult to look good against. There's an awkward guy at my gym who just windmills punches and does unorthodox things with his stance etc, so how do you look good against these guys? What tactics do you use? Feints? Combinations? Compact and just make a fight out of it as they're technically flawed?
        Watch Salvador Sanchez vs Patrick ford. Great stuff. You can learn things from that fight.

Patrick was much taller and had reach, but I read an article where Sanchez said the guy was awkward and jerky.
        Last edited by Zaroku; 06-09-2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
          Obviously when the opponent is awkward they are difficult to look good against. There's an awkward guy at my gym who just windmills punches and does unorthodox things with his stance etc, so how do you look good against these guys? What tactics do you use? Feints? Combinations? Compact and just make a fight out of it as they're technically flawed?
          cant go wrong with feints and jabbing....until you find the range and see the patterns in the trajectory of his punches. everyone has habits and feinting with your feet and hands will give you a chance to see his reactions to your moves.

Comment

Working...
          X