Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
    hydrostrike everlast
    Ah, I have one too.
    It's just a little short and still kinda tough to throw uppercuts on.
    But, it sure has a good weight to size ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
      I hear PRO Boxing Supplies and Outslayer have been getting good reputation for heavybags in recent years.

My Outslayer bag has been holding up well.

In the past, I've gone through several RINGSIDE and Title leather bags, and they all got hard at the bottom overtime. I guess this is expected since those bags still used sand.

I hear sand is not used at all in the PBS and Outslayer bags, but only compressed fabric, which should not get dense at the bottom. I don't think their standard models use leather on the exterior though.
      PBS and Outslayer do not use leather . They are 20 oz reinforce vinyl.
      Which is good b/c their finish holds up much better than leather . Leather's color is dyed.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        Ah, I have one too.
        I use it for practacing the right cross, or left cross. whatever your straight power shot is. I've found that bag the best one for landing that punch on, jabs too. other bags just dont compare when you sit down on the punch and throw it with 100%, I like the hydro. zero wrist pain. I like it's outdoor durability, also. In addition, I've found that if it's colder outside, the bag is harder on my knuckles, but when it gets warm, this thing is a pleasure to hit.

Additionally, if you own a pair of those evergel quick wraps, which suck...but they work well with this bag, if you put handwraps on underneath those gel wraps. 16ogloves over that.
        Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 04-30-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I use it for practacing the right cross, or left cross. whatever your straight power shot is. I've found that bag the best one for landing that punch on, jabs too. other bags just dont compare when you sit down on the punch and throw it with 100%, I like the hydro. zero wrist pain. I like it's outdoor durability, also. In addition, I've found that if it's colder outside, the bag is harder on my knuckles, but when it gets warm, this thing is a pleasure to hit.

Additionally, if you own a pair of those evergel quick wraps, which suck...but they work well with this bag, if you put handwraps on underneath those gel wraps. 16ogloves over that.
          Never gets that cold here, which is good.
          I use two 1/2 rolls of Mexican Le Roy ( de-stretched ) per hand. I also have a foam below the knuckles so it takes AWAY the impact from the knuckles. I might post pictures of how I wrap my hands one of these days.
          I see too many bad wrapping jobs around.

Comment

Ah, I have one too.
            Those are actually very good, at least for my hand size, one of my favorites.

Comment

Never gets that cold here, which is good.
              I use two 1/2 rolls of Mexican Le Roy ( de-stretched ) per hand. I also have a foam below the knuckles so it takes AWAY the impact from the knuckles. I might post pictures of how I wrap my hands one of these days.
              I see too many bad wrapping jobs around.
              I used gauze today under my wraps over the knuckles only, non folded, when it makes a huge difference. I start my wrap and put the gauze in, then go 5 folds on top before coming back. I love that mex gauze.

Comment

Originally posted by doublejabbing View Post
                I think its time to retire my 100lb Title heavy bag or at least make it an uppercut bag (i'll link a video on how to turn an old heavy bag into an uppercut bag for those curious). Can anyone suggest me anything? I did a bit of research and came across these 2 articles

http://mmapage.com/bestheavybag/

Both recommend the Ringside heavy bag. Title has been good to me over the years but i hear Ringside makes a kick ass bag. What do you guys think? Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks!

How to convert an old heavy bag into an uppercut bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRaO...&nohtml5=False
                Recommend buying this one;

Comment

I used gauze today under my wraps over the knuckles only, non folded, when it makes a huge difference. I start my wrap and put the gauze in, then go 5 folds on top before coming back. I love that mex gauze.
                  They sure are the best .

Comment

Abel Sanchez would not approve of that. Too much gauze for him, he'll says its stacking.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      Abel Sanchez would not approve of that. Too much gauze for him, he'll says its stacking.
                      Actually, gauze pads are totally allowed.
                      And the other trainer will probably let you as much gauze pad as you want as it softens the guy's fists.
                      It's the adhesive tape that can be dangerous.
                      They don't even allow the brown rubberized adhesive tape anymore.
                      We used them back in the days when I toured with pros.
                      Double stack even. It was allowed then.
                      I knew boxers' who fought in South Korea and Thailand. They had bricks for wraps then. Figuratively speaking of course.
                      The wraps today are so much softer .
                      Hell, I saw JImmy Montoya use duct tape on Camacho's hands on CBS. Right on tv. Can't do that now.

Comment

Working...
                      X