No announcement yet.

Bulking and cutting vs lean gainz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulking and cutting vs lean gainz

Is it better to bulk up and then cut down or just slowly make lean gains and never bulk up?

Which is better and why?

I always found it easier to put on weight fast (muscle and fat) then just work harder at the cardio to trim the fat once you're as big as you want

Thats just me though, I'm sure there are people with way more knowledge here, maybe a bodybuilding forum would have the answer as well

Comment

The added muscle makes it easier to cut. But this is boxing your really want to fight at the lowest weight your frame will allow.

I remember this Asian kid came into the gym and the trainer was on him fast. He was like 'why is he so interested in me.' I'm like 'becasue you are 6'1" and can make 160 easy.'

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Is it better to bulk up and then cut down or just slowly make lean gains and never bulk up?

Which is better and why?
        From my personal experience it is much better to consistently gain lean muscle rather than bulking and cutting. I believe there is a misconception that in order to gain significant muscle mass you gave to put on a ton of weight/fat and then shed it.
        Improvedsportsdiet.com has a quality article on how to effectively gain lean muscle quickly. Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X