Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find out how your chin is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know from sparring that i have a good chin, as long as i see the punch coming! i think thats the thing, if you see the opunch coming you have a much better chance of withstanding it

also you must bite down on your mouthpiece

i am curious how do people here take a punch to the chin, i try to keep my head still and keep facing the opponent. Do some people here try to roll with the punch, my concern with that is you take your eyes off the opponents and apprantly it equates to more brainshake as well. any thoughts?

Comment

It will all be told through experience. In the gym you will get tagged, either you fight back or you dont, assuming that your not already down.

Same thing with fighting in the ams.

Your legs actually play a big part in it as does the strength of your neck. Do alot of road work for strong legs and do alot of neck exercises to build your neck.

Straight out knockouts are not normally only from a weak chin. If you get tagged when you are not expecting it your body will go into a defensive mechanism that will just shut you and everything about down. As you lay on the canvas you will not know what you were hit with. You will just know that you are there when the last thing that you remember was fighting hard.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
        Im just wondering at what stage can you say you have a hard chin at the amateur level?
        No one is fighting Tyson's and Foremans so how does one know where his chin is placed from Terrible to Granite? How would you know you have a terrible chin or a granite chin sparring and fighting normal amateur boxers?
        hey i'll punch you and if you can still stand up and your not rocked then you got a pretty good chin hows that sound? do we have a deal

Comment

that sounds good rocco

Comment

never find out man fight as if you got glass chin

Comment

Working...
            X