Questions...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions...

Hey, few questions.

1. I have my own gloves, however they are only 12oz, and I have been told to get 16oz. If I should do this, what would be a good brand? Also my hands are relatively small, does this matter?

2. What type of gloves? Does it matter if they are laced or velcro?
    I'm talking about sparring gloves here. What are some good bag gloves also?

Thanks

1.I prefer the feel of everlast, but it's personal preference really. although I understand it's hard to develop a preference since you can't just go trying on every glove there is. everlast is good at consistancy. it keeps it's shape well and gives good protection

2.laced are more expensive, but they give greater wrist support

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Is titleboxing the best place to buy everlast gloves? Because I wa slooking around there before. Does it matter what oz gloves if I have small hands? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by veldrak
        Thanks for the quick reply. Is titleboxing the best place to buy everlast gloves? Because I wa slooking around there before. Does it matter what oz gloves if I have small hands? Thanks again

not really since the gauze you wrap your hands in will take up the extra room normally. it's best to train with 14oz to 16 oz in my opinion. I don't know what weight class you are, but I'm a heavy, and I train with 20oz lace-up everlasts, that I got from titleboxing

Comment

1. I have both Everlast sparring ad bag gloves. good quality. i have never really tried other brands so i cannot comment how good they are compared to others. if you got money though go for Cleto Reyes. training gloves sometimes come in larger, medium or small.

2. For training, i would get velcro. alot easier and quicker to get on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinz
            1. I have both Everlast sparring ad bag gloves. good quality. i have never really tried other brands so i cannot comment how good they are compared to others. if you got money though go for Cleto Reyes. training gloves sometimes come in larger, medium or small.

2. For training, i would get velcro. alot easier and quicker to get on and off.
            i got a pair of cleto reyes...perfect if you have small hands...and the padding on those gloves are distributed real different so they feel alot lighter then other gloves...as to where everlat has all the padding of the knuckles and hands so the weight feels alot heacvier...i train with 18oz reyes gloves....and i prefer them over 16oz everlast gloves...

Comment

I also have small hands and I have used many different brands. The size of your hands shouldn't be an issue as long as you wrap them. I usually get my gloves from Title. I get the hook and loop velcro gloves from Everlast because taking them on and off with laces is a hassle. They cost $30. Those are good because when you hit the bag it feels like your hands are well protected compared to other brands. I still can't believe they cost $30. I use 16oz for sparring and training.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. So it sounds maybe a pair of 16oz may be good. I will try my friends everlast 16oz, see how those are, and will have a look at cleto reyes. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LightsOut Le
                  i got a pair of cleto reyes...perfect if you have small hands...and the padding on those gloves are distributed real different so they feel alot lighter then other gloves...as to where everlat has all the padding of the knuckles and hands so the weight feels alot heacvier...i train with 18oz reyes gloves....and i prefer them over 16oz everlast gloves...

why 18s again?? r u a heavyweight

Comment

im a junior middle weight 156 ...cleto reyes the padding is distributed on the wrists so it feels lighter...whereas to everlast gloves...the padding is all on the nuckles..theres barely any padding on the wrists...so you have 160z of weight all on your hands..the cleto reyes glvoes have the 16oz distributed evenly....

basically...16 oz feels lighter then the everlast 16 oz..so i train with 18oz celto reyes so they feel like 16oz....

oh and i tlaked ot my coach today..he told me you wana train with 4oz heavier then what youre fight with..

so how much do you weight vadrek??

im a junior middle weight and i fight with 1`2oz's so that means i should trian with 16oz...

Comment

Working...
                    X