No announcement yet.

Get in shape Contest!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
    Sukhenkoy what was your nutrition/diet when you cut down? and what was your workout routine?
    I'm just copying and pasting the workout and diet regime that I sent to various posters on this site as a personal message. Here it is:

DIET:
    Morning: 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 orange, 1 banana, and about 1 liter of water

Pre-lunch snack: 2 apples, 1 pear, 1 orange, 1 banana

Lunch: 2 medium pieces of either boiled or oven-roasted lean meat (no salt added to meat, no oil). 1 tomato. 1 cucumber. Sometimes had some lettuce, radish, onions, other vegetables, etc. 2 eggs. About 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with honey. 1 banana.

I would snack on nuts, maybe 1 or two more fruits, and some cheese after lunch.

Dinner: Same as lunch.

I would drink throughout the day. Drank about 3-4 liters of water a day.

NEVER ATE AFTER 8:00 P.M. Sometimes I had work at 6:00 p.m and didn't have time to squeeze in dinner, so I would only be running on the food from lunch. As a matter of fact, that happened to me about 2-3 times a week, so there would be days where my last food would be ingested at about 3:00 p.m.

I think that's about it for diet. If you have any more specific questions let me know.

EXERCISE:
    Main exercise: 60 leg raises, 30 pushups on bars. 60 situps, 30 pushups on bars. 60 situps with a twist to each side, 30 pushups on bars. 60 knee raises on the pullup bar, 30 pushups on bars. 60 repetitions on the ab wheel, 30 pushups on bars.

I did the main exercise 2 times a day.

Also I swam for about 15 minutes non-stop at a decent pace 5 days a week.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: I would do 4 sets of 18 pullups, and 1set of 14 pullups on top of the swimming and main exercise.

Tuesdays and Fridays: I would do 4 sets of 85 regular pushups with no bar on top of the swimming and main exercise.

Also, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: I would do 4 minutes of scissors (ab workout), 6 minutes of bicycle (ab workout), and variations of 6 inches.

The variations of 6 inches would have me hold 6 inches for 10 seconds, rest for 1 second. I did the regular 6 inch (leg straight out, together) 11 times. THen I would do the same thing but with legs spread apart, also 11 times. Then I would do legs in the air, but at a 45 degree angle, also 11 times. At the end of that I would do a final set where I hold each 6 inch variation position for 15 seconds, and switch to the other position without dropping my feet (basically do 6 inches for 45 seconds).

Also, Tuesdays and THursdays: I would do 70 leg raises, 70 situps, 70 crunches, 70 touch-your-toes in the air, 70 situps with a twist to the side, 70 v-ups, 70 rowers, 70 decline situps, 70 knee raises, and 70 reps on the ab wheel.

Comment

• Thanks for the info, it definitely worked!

Did you ever do weights and how did you build muscle or have you always been fairly muscular? I mean you lost weight on that diet and routine but looks like you maintained muscle mass even though your protein levels werent high in your diet. Was your routine and diet different to build muscle in the first place - ie a bulking phase, before you started to get cut? do you have a before photo?

The reason I ask is that many people trying to bodybuild cant achieve what you did (especially the abs) and most bodybuilding nutrition programs have maybe one or two pieces of fruit maximum a day, and recommend much more protein. So a pretty good achievement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
        Thanks for the info, it definitely worked!

Did you ever do weights and how did you build muscle or have you always been fairly muscular? I mean you lost weight on that diet and routine but looks like you maintained muscle mass even though your protein levels werent high in your diet. Was your routine and diet different to build muscle in the first place - ie a bulking phase, before you started to get cut? do you have a before photo?

The reason I ask is that many people trying to bodybuild cant achieve what you did (especially the abs) and most bodybuilding nutrition programs have maybe one or two pieces of fruit maximum a day, and recommend much more protein. So a pretty good achievement.
        I used to do weights about 3 years ago, and only did the weights to tone down (not to gain mass). Thus, I would do a lot of repetitions, but fairly small weights when doing weights. Then, when I started boxing, I started doing strictly bodyweight exercises, and I noticed an increase in mass and tonality after doing so. Ever since switching to bodyweight exercises, I have not touched a weight in over 2 to 3 years. I guess I have always been fairly muscular, but never really defined. I never really had a mentality of gaining mass - that is, I always just did the exercises to stay in shape for boxing.

Unfortunately, I don't have a before photo. For the most part, I looked basically the same (just my abs were a little less defined).

I was never into the science of how bodybuilding, gaining muscle mass, and losing weight worked, and thus designed the above routine solely on the basis of trying to eat healthy, completely natural foods to supplement my training.

I hope this clears up a few things. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

• How tall are you?

Comment

• and why are you pulling that face in that photo

Comment

• Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
              How tall are you?
              Five feet, nine inches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                and why are you pulling that face in that photo
                I had finished working out maybe 5 minutes before that photo was taken.

Comment

• fantastic sukhenkoy amazing physique and job well done
                  and diet is perfection too keep it up

Comment

• im going to start posting here and get in on this

Comment

• cool stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X