Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your Glove, should your Fist be Clenched or Open ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your Glove, should your Fist be Clenched or Open ?

I've been making an effort to make my arms and shoulders much more relaxed and it has helped my handspeed considerably.

when your fist is clenched, there is more tension and it is not as relaxed. Is it a bad habit to get into to not clench your fist inside your glove ?

Or do you practice to clench your fist just before impact only ?

Well if you have it open its gonna cause you some serious harm lol. Clenching your fist when your goin for it takes energy, and so yer just keep it clenched

Comment

Keep it clenched until you learn how to always close it before impact, because hitting someone with an unclenched fist is likely to break it.

Comment

its not exactly clenched to the point it it fully shut , just do whts comfy if your hands are wrapped ull be ok

Comment

Yes..........

Comment

do u mean clenched while your just moving around the ring in a spar or you mean while ur punching?

Comment

usually when i throw a punch i clench my fist before i throw it..so i know i have power behind it...before i used to just flick out my jab because i wanted to relax my arm....for me i keep it clenched everytime in range...not when im out of range..

Comment

I keep my hands open,then clench my fists while im throwing. I also heep them open to catch punches w/ them.

Comment

When your just rolling around the ring, not in range then you relax. I always have my left/jab fist tight when engaged, it has to get off quick when you need it. The right hand ready to catch or punch will be open.

Generally you dont want your fists tightly clenched unless your delivering the shot.

Rockin'

Comment

You should clench your fist right before you hit your target. At first it feels funny but after a while, you do it without noticing. You can open your hands when catching and blocking. For instance, when a guy is trying to work you against the ropes, you can open your hands to block the sides of your face.

Comment

Working...
                    X