• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Bag Critique Part 2!

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDTe5Pv28U

You can't see anything after 2:04

Sorry for the darkness, my phone must make things darker but I'll put a lamp there next time.

For those of you that have successful first hand amateur or pro experience inside the ring leave comments.

Difficult to see but it seems before you jab your left hand twitches.

Also, good movement but a little flat footed. I always get moaned at for not being on my toes, so I'm going to moan at you. That's what it looks like to me anyway - you're wearing dark shoes, dark trousers in a dark room so it's difficult to say.

Comment

Here's a better video with better lighting
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPlPq4WiMAA

Comment

Not bad work. Good speed, looks like decent power.

What I mean by the flat footed thing is this : you've got a good pivot on the back leg, however when you step back out your heel comes back down. I got taught to keep the heel of my back foot up. That way I'm able to step back in quicker and generate more force. It also helps balance. You centre of gravity occasionally looked off.

Also, you dropped your hands every now and again when throwing hooks to the body, but I think that was down to you having problems with your bag. Either way, something to look out for.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoJim View Post
          Not bad work. Good speed, looks like decent power.

What I mean by the flat footed thing is this : you've got a good pivot on the back leg, however when you step back out your heel comes back down. I got taught to keep the heel of my back foot up. That way I'm able to step back in quicker and generate more force. It also helps balance. You centre of gravity occasionally looked off.

Also, you dropped your hands every now and again when throwing hooks to the body, but I think that was down to you having problems with your bag. Either way, something to look out for.
          Thanks, I definitely need to start focusing on my footwork.

Comment

Working...
          X