Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knocked someone out in sparring!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headgear does not help someone take a punch at all. If you can't knock someone down with headgear, your chances of knocking that same guy down do not go up when they take it off.

Comment

I sent a guy to the floor a couple of weeks ago, but he didn't know WTF he was doing. I didn't realize you could knock someone out, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
        Headgear does not help someone take a punch at all. If you can't knock someone down with headgear, your chances of knocking that same guy down do not go up when they take it off.
        lol maybe it just helps them against me ...

Comment

the point of sparring is to develop technique, not to make yourself feel tough by laying them out

Comment

The main point behind head gear is simply for prevention of cuts.

Comment

u know when i spar i realized i never try to go for the chin besides uppercuts. hmmmmmmmmm i think i will try it out

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                u know when i spar i realized i never try to go for the chin besides uppercuts. hmmmmmmmmm i think i will try it out
                A counter overhand right is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
                  neither did i to tell u the truth, i found it really hard to even see the other guy's chin with the headgear on, cuz not only did the headgear cover quite a bit of his face but also when he had his guard up it was even harder cuz of the gloves.

Comment

headgear does dramatically reduce the inital blunt impact of a punch. however, you still risk a wide range of injuries even with headgear on. you are still prone to cuts, neck injuries of various kinds, a broken nose of course, among other things. remember, people have died fighting with headgear on. my simple advice - don't try to KO your sparring partners. it won't help much with your boxing.

like previously mentioned, sparring is generally meant to help you and your partner improve things like timing, positioning, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KNOX-BOXER
                      A counter overhand right is a thing of beauty.

my reach is so short its not even funny. i would have to throw that 1 quick

Comment

Working...
                      X