No announcement yet.

running shoes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinksjinx
    I have a set of Puma Fuegos that I play tennis in and they dont have much sole to them or support at all and I ran in them one day and was like ahh crap my feet are going to be in pain...Well your claims was right, I ran faster and felt real light on my feet...I was surprised....I love them.
    the soles are small
    in fact my friend was actually thinking about using a pair of Pumas as boxing shoes for fights and stuff- he got Everlast shoes instead but the weight difference was very minute

remember most of the weight is in the sole so when they make them lighter they take the sole out

if you want light shoes that have soles try walking shoes, New balances and Nike have air in the sole so it gives you a bit of a bounce and it helps alot

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
      the soles are small
      in fact my friend was actually thinking about using a pair of Pumas as boxing shoes for fights and stuff- he got Everlast shoes instead but the weight difference was very minute

remember most of the weight is in the sole so when they make them lighter they take the sole out

if you want light shoes that have soles try walking shoes, New balances and Nike have air in the sole so it gives you a bit of a bounce and it helps alot

I have a set of New Balances I normally run in but after wearing the Pumas they seem like boots and are a bit heavy actually...I am trying to ween myself off of the Pumas though, just fear of shin splints or hurting a bone in my foot due to pressure or something....

Comment

I have a set of New Balances I normally run in but after wearing the Pumas they seem like boots and are a bit heavy actually...I am trying to ween myself off of the Pumas though, just fear of shin splints or hurting a bone in my foot due to pressure or something....
        yea i use new balances too, they were great and if you really want to appreciate them wear Converse for a year running---you'll notice the difference
        converse are like the worst shoe for running

Comment

I have a pair of adidas ozwegos. pretty cheap and comfortable

Comment

thats what i had, shin splints.
            and im pretty certain that they are from my shoes which give me no support at all while i run. they have a sole thats basicly like papera and well the whole shoes is almost like paper.

so pumas seem to be the go here. what wpuld the avarge cos of a good pair set me back roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
              yea i use new balances too, they were great and if you really want to appreciate them wear Converse for a year running---you'll notice the difference
              converse are like the worst shoe for running

Ohh god dont tell me they were chucks? lol

Mick-Fuegos are onsale at Finish Line for $29.99 excellent shoes. I have a black/white gray/white and white on white picked them up for $29.99 a piece...

Comment

I wear some nike shoxs. They were 100 U.S. dollars. When I get tired I can actually feel the shoxs pushing my foot back up in the air for another stride. Work great for me.

Comment

does anyone know if the nike air max 180s are any good?

Comment

here is a picture of em

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.B View Post
                      Nike max air 360 about 160$
                      truth. used to use new balances, had shin splints on 3+ mile runs. with air maxes, the pain is gone and runs are easier on the joints. i second this.

Comment

Working...
                      X