Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should I look for when buying boxing gloves????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I look for when buying boxing gloves????

Hey guys,

I am new to boxing and I would like to know what qualities should I look for when buying new boxing gloves? What do you guys look for when buying boxing gloves??

Also, When buying boxing gloves, should I buy only 1 pair for both sparring and training or buy separate boxing gloves for each? P.S when looking for boxing glove reviews, I have come across the topic of whether you should get two boxing gloves or 1 pair. Do the reviews that recommend 1 pair of boxing gloves for both training and sparring satisfy your result when looking for the best boxing glove or should I look for reviews that recommend training and sparring gloves, just both, or everything combined???

Thanks!

Only way to tell is try them on, some just fit better than others. Check with your gym/trainer first too, in my experience some of them dislike a certain brand and won't want you to spar with those. And some don't want you to spar with slide on/velcro.

I use diff gloves for sparring and bags. Some guys can hit a bag in big old 16-18 oz gloves, I can't do it. I like really light gloves on the bag.

I would get for sparring 16 oz lace ups and for bag the smallest thing you can find that still offers wrist support.
    Last edited by ////; 10-03-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

You got the gloves you spar with...and you got bag gloves..aka the ones you hit the bag with.....but it just all really depends on your hand condition.some people have to hit the bag with heavily padded gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
        Only way to tell is try them on, some just fit better than others. Check with your gym/trainer first too, in my experience some of them dislike a certain brand and won't want you to spar with those. And some don't want you to spar with slide on/velcro.

I use diff gloves for sparring and bags. Some guys can hit a bag in big old 16-18 oz gloves, I can't do it. I like really light gloves on the bag.
        Beat me to it...spot on

Comment

decent fit and plaster wraps

Comment

I'm the only here who has boxed professionally and has actually beat pro fighters so I'm the person you want to listen to.

For sparring, invest on Winning. They protect well and provide excellent comfort for your hands. Like I mentioned, investment because they are pricey BUT great quality / durability. You don't want to train with cheap stiff / rough gloves that put your arms at risk of getting injured / hurt.

For fighting, you'd want to try Grant or Everlast. They are the two brands who are keeping up with the times. They keep perfecting their gloves and provide excellent choices. Grant offers the orthopedic brand which is designed for protection, and the "punchers" glove which sacrifices a bit of cushion for power. Same with Everlast MX and Powerlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I'm the only here who has boxed professionally and has actually beat pro fighters so I'm the person you want to listen to.

For sparring, invest on Winning. They protect well and provide excellent comfort for your hands. Like I mentioned, investment because they are pricey BUT great quality / durability. You don't want to train with cheap stiff / rough gloves that put your arms at risk of getting injured / hurt.

For fighting, you'd want to try Grant or Everlast. They are the two brands who are keeping up with the times. They keep perfecting their gloves and provide excellent choices. Grant offers the orthopedic brand which is designed for protection, and the "punchers" glove which sacrifices a bit of cushion for power. Same with Everlast MX and Powerlock.
              Golovkin, what about gloves for training such as hitting the bag????

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                Who do you claim to be?

Comment

Originally posted by beck8 View Post
                  Golovkin, what about gloves for training such as hitting the bag????
                  Golovkin is trolling you. Winnings are expensive as hell and not really for people getting into boxing for the first time. Next time take questions to the Training sub-forum lol.

Since you're starting just order a pair of gloves from a good brand. I recommend Ringside. Don't worry about sparring right now until your coaches feel you're ready but since you'll need to hit the bags you'll need a quality pair of gloves.

Ringside's IMF Tech are solid and will last you. Just get 14oz. gloves which would be Medium on their site.

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...ag-gloves.html

For wraps I think most would recommend you the 180" length as well. Nothing fancy, http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...aps-180-2.html

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Golovkin is trolling you. Winnings are expensive as hell and not really for people getting into boxing for the first time. Next time take questions to the Training sub-forum lol.

Since you're starting just order a pair of gloves from a good brand. I recommend Ringside. Don't worry about sparring right now until your coaches feel you're ready but since you'll need to hit the bags you'll need a quality pair of gloves.

Ringside's IMF Tech are solid and will last you. Just get 14oz. gloves which would be Medium on their site.

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...ag-gloves.html

For wraps I think most would recommend you the 180" length as well. Nothing fancy, http://www.ringside.com/ringside/rin...aps-180-2.html
                    *slaps the hell out of you* Watch who you talking to boy. ****s wrong with you.

Listen to this guy if you want to end up handicapped before stepping into a ring.

Do things right from the start, you don't want to start developing hand problems just because you are just starting out and prefer to sacrifice health over price.

Winning are the safe bet. It doesn't matter if you are starting out. Ringside are OKAY by the way they are good quality but Winning are the premium choice IF YOU are willing to spend more.

Comment

Working...
                    X