Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should hitting the heavybag be completely painless?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should hitting the heavybag be completely painless?

Whenever I hit the heavybag, there is some mild pain in my knuckles from the impact, even with my hands wrapped and wearing 12 oz. gloves.

Is it ok for there to be a bit of pain whenever hitting the heavybag, or should I take further steps in protecting my hands. Again, the pain is very mild; my hands are not getting seriously battered from heavybag workouts.

Originally posted by DMD3 View Post
    Whenever I hit the heavybag, there is some mild pain in my knuckles from the impact, even with my hands wrapped and wearing 12 oz. gloves.

Is it ok for there to be a bit of pain whenever hitting the heavybag, or should I take further steps in protecting my hands. Again, the pain is very mild; my hands are not getting seriously battered from heavybag workouts.
    Have you just started?I would recommend using heavy bag gloves instead of boxing gloves for the first couple of weeks or months because they help strengthen your knuckles and metacarpals.

Comment

Try different ways of wrapping your hands and see if it helps, when I first started I used to get a mild pain on the inside of my middle knuckle that got real painful real after a few days of it starting, I stopped wrapping in between my fingers for a week or 2 to see if it would help and it stopped, went back to doing it after that and I was fine. Maybe putting a little extra over your knuckles might help for the moment ?.
      Last edited by NChristo; 09-22-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

No my hands are so ****ed up right now it's not funny. I'ts been 3 months since my knuckles started getting really sore and now every time I get home from the gym my knuckles are purple and I stick them in a bowl of ice water.

It's something you can work through though. Seems like almost all of our fighters are experiencing knuckle pain. It kind of makes sense I mean you're hitting your hand on an object with not much give over and over.

Comment

Handwraps probably too tight, make sure as you wrap that you can still widen your hand and keep making sure you can make a tight fist.

There should be no pain hitting the heavybag. Atleast there never was for me, unless there was an injury. The most is tension in the joints(sometimes wirst, sometimes elbow) when I used to hit a them giant MMA heavybags and that didn't last long for my body to adjust to.

Comment

I had some problems with my hands. Buying a better pair of wraps helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              Have you just started?I would recommend using heavy bag gloves instead of boxing gloves for the first couple of weeks or months because they help strengthen your knuckles and metacarpals.
              Yes I'm just getting started, so I'm also thinking my knuckles may need strengthening. The heavybag is pretty hard too (70 lbs. Everlast).

Comment

Originally posted by DMD3 View Post
                Yes I'm just getting started, so I'm also thinking my knuckles may need strengthening. The heavybag is pretty hard too (70 lbs. Everlast).
                You probably don't know how to wrap hands, and you definitely don't know how to wrap YOUR hands.

Make sure your using The long Mexican wraps (ever last usually makes them in yellow) don't use those Chinese pieces of ****.

Also every find a trainer to do it for you so you can see how he does it. Practice doing it yourself to see what feels right.

It took me probably close to 3 yeArs to figure out the perfect way to wrap my hands. Even when it wasn't perfect though, I never hurt my knuckles though.

Also, your probably using crappy gloves, invest in a decent pair on bag gloves.

Comment

Painless and boxing dont belong in the same sentence. Toughen up.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Painless and boxing dont belong in the same sentence. Toughen up.
                    truest words ever spoken here.......

is it pain or is it injury?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUcg5G_dY8
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 09-23-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X