Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here use the CRAZY MONKEY Defence ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use the CRAZY MONKEY Defence ?

Devised by Rodney King from Straight Blast gym.

Just wondering if anyone here uses it ?

Cheers

Ive never heard of this crazy monkey defence. What is it?

Comment

here is a really good animated gif of Rampage jackson using the crazy monkey against Vanderlai silva

http://rapidshare.de/files/17385784/...gejac.gif.html

Sorry i couldn't think of anywhere else to upload the file except for rapidshare

Only 609k

Comment

Here's some info about the Crazy Monkey

http://cmdefense.blogspot.com/2005/0...e-program.html

Comment

Crazy monkey is bull**** for boxing. It is an "ok" strategy for MMA style fighting or street fighting.....

IF, and only if you are fighting an opponent with both a height and reach advantage.

And this is coming from a crazy mother ****in monkey so you know it be true.

Comment

These are the guys who claim "traditional martial arts" are BS because they imitated the natural offensive and defensive tactics of animals, then this clown invents something called "crazy monkey" and all of a sudden its OK. Same with traditional belts. They claim they are BS, then they are all out getting belts from the Gracies. A bunch of hypocrites. Anyway, this so-called "defense" is nothing new, number 1, and what has Rodney whats-his-name or any other of the SBG guys ever done that mattered anyway?

Comment

its a good way to look like a fool while getting your ribs smashed

Comment

hahahah leow has a point. people joked about rampage's style being crazy monkey defense on sherdog.net then somebody went and developed a system and got it copywrited. i knew it was some bull**** to make a buck. what rampage was doing was specifically made for his opponent who's trademark is throwing hook-only (LH, RH, Repeat) combos

Comment

This isnt the same Rodney King who got beaten by cops is it?

Comment

actually I use the crazy monkey, but not all the time. It really works, but don't use it on it's own. Add head movement, and you really need to bend your knees and your upper body so that your ribs don't get cracked.

Still in the right situation it does have it's good points. I think Rodney actually got it from Muay Thai which he has trained before, because I've got friends who do Muay Thai, never heard of Rodney, and showed me the exact same defence. They just call it head wrapping.

Comment

Working...
                    X