Century BOB Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century BOB Training

Hello guys...
    I'm practicing boxing since six month, just for fun, I like hit my Century BOB about two time at week, I prefer train with Century BOB because is softer then heavy bag, so less hard with my hand and wrist, you can hit it also with barehand, I do, I'm not interesting to fight, just keep me in shape with weight training and boxing two time at week, I used to do my boxing session after weight training because always I had read that do cardio after the weight is a good thing, but I stopped because was too much demanding, many expert claimed who boxing is more anaerobic stuff, this is because I'm not confortable to combine weight training and boxing in the same workout, so I split them in separate days.
    I want to ask you two things :

1)How many minutes should lasting a bag session ? Usually I hit the bag for 60 minutes, do you think is too much ?

2) During a bag session I should do some breaks in order to rest and catch my breath or I should hit it continuosly without any pauses ?

It all really depends on your conditioning. I usually go 12 three minute rounds with a 1 minute rest period between rounds. Just download a ring timer app for your phone. Keep your wrists straight and you should still wrap your hands.

Comment

Thank you Pitbull, how many time at week you do this 12 rounds session ?
      I think my condition is good because I hit the bag hard for 60 minutes with little breaks and I feel I could keep going for one other hour, anyway after 60 minutes I stop because otherwise the days after I feel too much tired and exhausted.

One thing more, I guess before the 12 rounds you perform a warm up of 5-10 minutes, right ?

Comment

When my schedule allows it I will put in work every day except Wednesday and Sunday. Before I'm on the heavy I will have stretched, skipped, and either worked the speedbag or double ended bag for 6 rounds. I tend to mix my calisthenics in between all of that and do a full set of everything after the heavybag. Usually the last thing I do before a final skip and stretch is shadowbox for a few rounds. If you only warm up and hit the bag or BOB then I would suggest 4 or more rounds shadow boxing after the bag. Don't worry about full extensions so much as explosiveness and speed. Short quick breaths and keep your technique but relaxed a little. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
        X