No announcement yet.

Boxing Shoes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Shoes

I'm planning to fight for the first time soon and I need some advice on what type of shoes i should get. Im standing at 5'9 (152lbs) and when sparring I tend to do a lot of weavings and a lot of hooks. Thanks

Originally posted by vardenvu View Post
    I'm planning to fight for the first time soon and I need some advice on what type of shoes i should get. Im standing at 5'9 (152lbs) and when sparring I tend to do a lot of weavings and a lot of hooks. Thanks
    go get some asics wrestling shoes (Y)

Comment

What's your zodiac sign though? I need to know that before I can answer. Just buy any boxing shoes that fit your feet comfortably and don't worry about it. People care way too much about gear because they get caught up in the marketing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
        What's your zodiac sign though? I need to know that before I can answer. Just buy any boxing shoes that fit your feet comfortably and don't worry about it. People care way too much about gear because they get caught up in the marketing.

cannot agree more. lol

Comment

I've used Adidas Box Hogs before (my first pair), but now I use Asics Matflex 3 wrestling shoes. I like both, but honestly, I can't tell if there's any big difference between the two. But I like to pivot and use a lot of lateral movements, and I read somewhere that wrestling shoes are better for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brand NOOBian View Post
            I've used Adidas Box Hogs before (my first pair), but now I use Asics Matflex 3 wrestling shoes. I like both, but honestly, I can't tell if there's any big difference between the two. But I like to pivot and use a lot of lateral movements, and I read somewhere that wrestling shoes are better for that.
            Negative. Wrestling shoes are made to grip better. It's why you see people wearing wrestling boots to box, but never boxing boots to wrestle. Boxing shoes pivot better on soft ring campus, whereas if you're a wrestler you're trying to stay as grounded as you possibly can.

As for the question, I'm in love with my Nike Machomai's. Unfortunately the sole's on them are finally starting to give out and I keep having to crazy glue them on, but they are so damn comfortable, and I love how they breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post

haha thats true. asics wrestling shoes are great

Comment

Adidas box hogs for me are the best. Cheap, pretty stylish, comfy and lightweight. A lot of guys I know wear them

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                  cannot agree more. lol
                  And so u think buying gear based on Zodiacs is somehow scientifically efficient?

Comment

Originally posted by brand404 View Post
                    And so u think buying gear based on Zodiacs is somehow scientifically efficient?
                    u disagree?
                    ill try my best to explain to you..
                    a scorpio signed fighter would have 8 legs thus 4 pairs of boxing shoes..
                    while a saggitarius would need 2 pairs, and a pisces none.

Comment

Working...
                    X