3 day full body workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 day full body workout?

Hello!

I have previously tried the norwegian forum, but i didn't get the help I needed.

I have searched for programs and methods, but can't find anything for me. Have some experience from strength training. I started boxing 2 months ago. My trainings with boxing are Tuesdays and Thursdays, plus it 's an hour sparring on Wednesdays at the gym I go to. I want strength training that fits the boxing. I also want to train more cardio, so im going down from 5-6 days with strength to three.

I want a full body program ( Its not a MUST, but i think it's the best ) that I can train Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Certainly proposed Saturday and Sunday as well, but I would rather like to do cardio these days .. I want even better conditioning.

I am 19 years old, 1.87 m tall and weighs 87.5 kg .

I want programs that contains deadlift, bench press, military press and squats. I cant do exercises with bodyweight(like chins, pull-ups etc), because its too heavy.

The last few months i have lost 16 kg, (down 10% in body fat percentage). Im ready to fight more.

Hope someone can help - thank you -

Norwegian

(Sorry for my norwegian english)

I do something like this minus the boxing, at your age your body can take more of a beating so you won't need as many rest days but like a workout A workout B variation works for me now 1 training day 2 rests.

Workout A:1. Deadlifts 5X 2 light high rep sets 3 heavy low rep sets, 2. Close grip Bench Press 4X 2 light high rep 2 heavy low rep, 3. Bicep curls 4X 2 lighter dumbbell reps 2 heavy barbell reps, 4. Seated Shoulder press 5X 2 light high rep 1 moderate 2 heavy low rep, 5. Standing Calf raises 4X 2 lighter high rep 2 heavy low rep.

Workout B: 1.Squats 5X 1 light high rep 3 heavy low rep 1 very high rep like 30 reps, 2. Flat Bench Press 5X 2 light high rep 1 moderate, 2 heavy low rep, 3. Standing Barbell rows 5X 2 light high rep 3 heavy low rep, 4. Seated calf raises 4X 2 light high rep 2 heavy low rep, 5. Wide grip pullups 4X 2 sets with just body weight 2 sets with about 45lbs attached to me.

** every now and again I vary it up with different exercises to add a 6th random muscles group if I feel its been lacking.

Another thing I want to point out is that people in general are overtraining, for strength training/muscle building unless you are on gear 3-4 days max is optimum anything more you are just breaking muscle tissue down without enough recoop time.

Also I would avoid doing all of the powerlifts on the same days, its rough on the central nervous system, splits it throughout the week.

Comment

What I do fits pretty well with what you want in a program. I just modified stronglifts5x5 with lower volume.

2x5 of squats
      1x5 of deadlift
      3x5 of bench press
      3x5 of pendlay rows

You could replace a set or two of bench press with overhead press but I would be careful not to have too much volume with presses since it can interfere with boxing drills if your shoulders are sore or fatigued. Another option would be to alternate bench press on one day and overhead press on the next like in the stronglifts program. I personally just do bench press and no overhead press since it's more applicable to boxing since it's in the same plane of motion.

Comment

Hey spray_resistant. Thanks for your feedback and help. Overtraining is not a big problem for me. Im training every day, but different exercises and I have alternatives. Im going to check out the program u posted, but which program is this? I've seen it before I think...

Hey HedonisticFrog. Thank you for your help. I've heard about the strong lifts 5x5. I dont want lower volume, but I have issues with normal squats (mobility). Thats the problem for me, I have to get help to work it out. Sore shoulders is absolutely the worst thing, and I have trained shoulders before boxing, and thats not good! Maybe I'll go for Stronglifts 5x5. Its easy and I have done 10 weeks of powerlifting before.

I want more feedback and more suggestions

Thanks for ur help

Comment

Originally posted by Norwegian View Post
          Hey HedonisticFrog. Thank you for your help. I've heard about the strong lifts 5x5. I dont want lower volume, but I have issues with normal squats (mobility). Thats the problem for me, I have to get help to work it out. Sore shoulders is absolutely the worst thing, and I have trained shoulders before boxing, and thats not good! Maybe I'll go for Stronglifts 5x5. Its easy and I have done 10 weeks of powerlifting before.

Thanks for ur help
          If you can do the full 5x5 for each exercise all the more power to you, I couldn't do it and 3x5 was about as much as I could do. I come from a bodybuilding background so I'm lifting fairly heavy though. Good luck with your training.

Comment

Hey spray_resistant. Thanks for your feedback and help. Overtraining is not a big problem for me. Im training every day, but different exercises and I have alternatives. Im going to check out the program u posted, but which program is this? I've seen it before I think...

Thanks for ur help
            Wasn't for me either when I was in my late teens as I would train hard every day but as years go by and you stay consistent you will notice your recoop time slow a bit and have to modify your training. I now try and get the most out of what I am doing rather than when I was younger just trying to hit every group as much and as often as possible but I started lifting in a pre-information era before internet was so prevalent and just had BB magz and bro science to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Wasn't for me either when I was in my late teens as I would train hard every day but as years go by and you stay consistent you will notice your recoop time slow a bit and have to modify your training. I now try and get the most out of what I am doing rather than when I was younger just trying to hit every group as much and as often as possible but I started lifting in a pre-information era before internet was so prevalent and just had BB magz and bro science to go on.
              Ah I see Of course something happens when u get older. :P Old school magazines instead of the internet!

But this Stronglifts 5x5 program, is it good for the boxing? It says I need 1 day off after every training for recover. But the day "off" Im training boxing.

Comment

But this Stronglifts 5x5 program, is it good for the boxing? It says I need 1 day off after every training for recover. But the day "off" Im training boxing.
                Stronglifts is just fine for boxing. The reason he says to have rest days in between lifting days is to recover as much as possible in between each workout, which applies to every weight lifting routine. You won't develop strength as fast while doing hours of boxing drills but you'll still develop strength with stronglifts.

I forgot to mention earlier that I do russian twists, weighted decline crunches and neck bridges after the compound lifts. You can do whatever variety of ab exercises you want, but I'd recommend something where you can add resistance so your abs will continue to get stronger instead of just adding reps.

Comment

I don't get it, you don't want to bodyweight because it's to heavy but you want to do dead lifts and squats?

Personally when I boxed I barely touched weights to maximize flexibility. Instead I would pick 4-5 workouts, ex: lunges, pull ups, leg lifts, shrugs w weights, push ups.

And do them one after another, rest for 45 seconds, do it again.

I'd do this 4-5 times. Would hit all my major muscles, main rains flexibility, burns out, keeps heart rate up, trains your body to recover faster.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    I don't get it, you don't want to bodyweight because it's to heavy but you want to do dead lifts and squats?

Personally when I boxed I barely touched weights to maximize flexibility. Instead I would pick 4-5 workouts, ex: lunges, pull ups, leg lifts, shrugs w weights, push ups.

And do them one after another, rest for 45 seconds, do it again.

I'd do this 4-5 times. Would hit all my major muscles, main rains flexibility, burns out, keeps heart rate up, trains your body to recover faster.
                    Your muscles don't know whether you are lifting iron weights or body weight, so how do iron weights reduce flexibility but body weight not?

Resistance is resistance...

Comment

Working...
                    X