No announcement yet.

Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I dont know why it happens when I get in the ring and I have a fight I just freeze and dont box the way I should..In the training camp, sparring everything is going good but in the fight its a different story.. Is it a mental problem? can I fix it in some way?
    Sorry for my bad English.

Originally posted by Trebuh View Post
    I dont know why it happens when I get in the ring and I have a fight I just freeze and dont box the way I should..In the training camp, sparring everything is going good but in the fight its a different story.. Is it a mental problem? can I fix it in some way?
    Sorry for my bad English.
    how hard do you guys spar?
    if light, u should try hard. that should train you mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      how hard do you guys spar?
      if light, u should try hard. that should train you mentally.
      That sounds about right.

Trebuh. Im not saying you should have wars when sparring every time but you do need hard sessions so you can know what it's like to be in a real fight. If you do have hard sessions and still freeze up then you might be paying attention to the environment t and not just focusing on the guy in front of you. Make sure to ignore everything when training and only focus on what your coach says that way it can help you to focus on what needs to be done rather than everything else going on.

Comment

Oh and that started to happen after this fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcknTUCcUsY (Im the one in blue) Before I didnt have that problem

Comment

Originally posted by Trebuh View Post
          Oh and that started to happen after this fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcknTUCcUsY (Im the one in blue) Before I didnt have that problem
          forget the thread man.
          damn u looked pretty good.
          u 15?
          good **** brah

Comment

Thanks man, Im turning 16 next month Thats what I dont understand though before i boxed the way I wanted to but now I cant do nothing. I dont even remember yesterdays fight all i know is that he dominated me...Thats way I dont think that its because Im afraid or something..Could it be because i take the fights too serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronsky View Post
              That sounds about right.
              If you do have hard sessions and still freeze up then you might be paying attention to the environment t and not just focusing on the guy in front of you. Make sure to ignore everything when training and only focus on what your coach says that way it can help you to focus on what needs to be done rather than everything else going on.
              You could be right because yesterday in the crowd was coach of are national team and I haved a chance to get on a team and I really wanted to win and impress him..Maybe thats why I freezed up and stressed myself too much..

Comment

Nice fight man. Sounds like you're just stressed out recently.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

what's the problem? you are actually pretty good cheers

Comment

Damn Kid... You're good don't OVER-THINK the situation..

-Double up that Jab at all times make it a go to jab going back or forward 1-1-2
                    -You got some nice crosses to the body nice lefft hook on that kid and nice solid shots...
                    -Your a good boxer and hit more angels, quarter turns BREATHE and RELAX... Watch some triple G fights watch his feet watch his movements, and combo's try it out...
                    -Stay off those ropes your good take his ass in the center or put him on the ropes.
                    -Body...Head finds those spots and throw in more uppercuts.. Possible righter uppercut to left hook and jab out of the pocket with less movement
                    -Too much movement but your good cause your only 16....

Here is some other things you might want to Google....
                    -Square breathing.. Its what a lot of the pro's in sports do will help with concentration and focus... It's meditation and it will help you a lot.
                    -Maybe get a few more rounds on the mitts before you go in get a sweat and that might help a little...
                    -Get a good routine and rituals that might help you Pre fight..

Hell man i could be wrong about all of this its just is my 2 cents as a coach but basically your young and probably over thinking your good just keep getting better..

Comment

Working...
                    X