No announcement yet.

training clothes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training clothes?

Hi i was just wondering who actually prefers to train with boxing trunks and vest better than cotton or normal sport clothes. i might buy a pair of adidas boxing trunks and vests and try out...
    Any one giving opinions in the brand kronk (detroit)?

As a beginner you would be wise to go to the gym wearing sweats. Long pants with shorts under and a sweat shirt long sleeves with a t shirt under.
    Beginners don't wear "boxing trunks" in a boxing gym, you will be an opened mark for teasing and ridicule.
    Give yourself a chance to learn and be respected instead of trying to "look the part"! Go there to work sweat and be un-noticed until you've established yourself . Good luck.
    Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      As a beginner you would be wise to go to the gym wearing sweats. Long pants with shorts under and a sweat shirt long sleeves with a t shirt under.
      Beginners don't wear "boxing trunks" in a boxing gym, you will be an opened mark for teasing and ridicule.
      Give yourself a chance to learn and be respected instead of trying to "look the part"! Go there to work sweat and be un-noticed until you've established yourself . Good luck.
      Ray Corso
      thanks but what about more experienced fighters, do the train with trunks or no sleeves shirts ? cheer i took your advice

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
        or just o in the gym with the trunks on then smash said opponent up.

A friend of mine was/is a very good boxer and boxed for England.

He used to go travelling a lot and when I used to be with him, he used to just go in joggers and an old football top.

He used to always want to spar at a random gym, he never actually would tell them he was good, so they would put their 'best lads' in a tell them to go easy.

Lets just said he shocked a lot of people.

Perhaps he shouldn't of knocked out a 20 stone russian though.
        what a d!ck!

why pretend you arent experienced when you are to gain an edge? how is that going to help you become a better fighter? or the other guy for that matter.

sounds like one of those guys who likes to bully people in the gym.

to answer OP, there isnt exactly too strict a dress code in the gym. just wear whatever makes you comfortable, within reasonable limits (no going commando lol).

but like ray said i wouldnt recommend showing up in trunks and whatnot if you havent boxed before, certainly not sporting the apparel of one of the most successful boxing gyms in history without ever working with anyone from it.

has poser written all over it.

Comment

I'd just wear some regular athletic gear if I were you. Only time I see guys wearing trunks in the gym is if they have a fight right around the corner and wanted to get used to the feeling of the trunks. If you just show up wearing trunks to train everyday people are gonna be clowning on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Ray Corso
            This is definitely the best answer. I'm not registered to fight just yet but I believe you earn your trunks. Go in some track suit trousers (lonsdale have very comfortable ones for boxing training) and just a tshirt. Most guys who are registered to fight don't even wear their trunks that much. Even when a fight is coming up.

Comment

He used to go travelling a lot and when I used to be with him, he used to just go in joggers and an old football top.

He used to always want to spar at a random gym, he never actually would tell them he was good, so they would put their 'best lads' in a tell them to go easy.

Well sorry but that's just a d!ck move. If you want to go hard in sparring at least make it clear to the other guy. You don't gain anything by tricking people into sparring you.

Comment

did seeing your friend trick & knock out an overmatched sparring partner turn you on?

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
                  did seeing your friend trick & knock out an overmatched sparring partner turn you on?
                  He probably thought Leo's performance last Saturday was foty

Comment

Working...
                  X