No announcement yet.

Inclined bench press

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inclined bench press

I was wondering what are the real advantages of doing the inclinded bench press, should it be done before or after a normal bench press routine, and what weights do you usually use/reps. Thanks you, any repsonses always appreciated.

as a former bodybuilder incline bench press is way better then bench for chest development. its makes it look nice, but i dunno if its any good for boxing haha.
    i used dumbells when i did it
    45lb(per dumbell) x 20
    65lb x8
    75lbx8
    85lbx5

Comment

i personaly switch up between flat and incline so for example i'l do flat but when i peak i'l switch to incline but when im doing flat barbell bench i do incline dumbells and when i do incline barbell i do flat dumbells. It all depends if your using weights for strength purposes 5x5 works well but for muscle n weight gain also known as hypertrophy go with 3x10

Comment

Personally I try to do incline before flat because I am not as strong with incline and use heavier weights for flat.

I think incline works more the upper area of your chest, flat is the middle and decline the bottom.

You may have seen those guys who do a lot of decline bench who have their pecs that seem to be unnaturally curved at the bottom.

Comment

Sure it builds muscle i think both are in need for boxing along with decline if you or your gym has it. It builds up the majors and should do light weights lots of reps if ur a boxer looking for strength and power. Heavy arms doesnt help u with anything except one punch KO's on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by mayweather
            Sure it builds muscle i think both are in need for boxing along with decline if you or your gym has it. It builds up the majors and should do light weights lots of reps if ur a boxer looking for strength and power. Heavy arms doesnt help u with anything except one punch KO's on the street.
            most boxers dont train for hypertrophy which would be light weight lots of reps they train for explosiveness so they do alot of heavy lifting so rep ranges like 5x5

Comment

Working...
            X