Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who uses right hooks from the orthodox stance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Yeah, cool.

It's a good punch in close. That's where I was always taught to use it. On the inside, or at close range, particularly when someone has the ol' ear muffs on.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. When you can get away with it's an okay punch.

Comment

ignorance + arrogance... what a nasty combination.

Comment

You know someone who uses it a lot today? Juan Francisco Estrada. The guy who had the close fight with Roman Gonzalez and beat Brian Viloria. Excellent fighter. Great combos, can get a bit wild every now and then and forget defense, but fought his best fight against Viloria. Calm, didn't get wild, very solid.

Probably even uses it too much I'd say. I'd like to see him mix it up more with his straighter shots, and only shoot it occasionally to keep 'em guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
          ignorance + arrogance... what a nasty combination.
          It really is, you would think that people would be able to talk to each other with more respect.

The reality is, boxing is full of people like this. You can go to any gym in the world and you will hear how every other gym has no clue as to what they are doing and are teaching completely wrong.

They insult each other, talk bad about each other, needless to say there's a lot of "tough guys" in this sport.

As for me, I will learn from everyone, use my own brain and develop my own style which I have.

Confucius said, "The first step in learning is humility". There's a lot of people in this thread that lack humility.

Comment

i love the right hook, no one expects it

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              You know someone who uses it a lot today? Juan Francisco Estrada. The guy who had the close fight with Roman Gonzalez and beat Brian Viloria. Excellent fighter. Great combos, can get a bit wild every now and then and forget defense, but fought his best fight against Viloria. Calm, didn't get wild, very solid.

Probably even uses it too much I'd say. I'd like to see him mix it up more with his straighter shots, and only shoot it occasionally to keep 'em guessing.
              Good looks man I watched that fight against Viloria last night. I had seen the Gonzalez fight, but not the Viloria fight. Great, great fight. You're right he used that right hook quite a bit, very short and powerful at times

Comment

Despite the odd 'bicker' (if you like). I found this thread to be quite informative imo. 5 stars.(no sarcasm). Cua, Ray,Rock, and Shoulder Roll, some good reading there guys!

Comment

I've added right hooks to my arsenal to counter my opponents jab.
                  considering we're both orthodox, he throws a jab, I quickly lean back to make the jab miss, I then lean forward to my original position and throw a right hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Meep View Post
                    I've added right hooks to my arsenal to counter my opponents jab.
                    considering we're both orthodox, he throws a jab, I quickly lean back to make the jab miss, I then lean forward to my original position and throw a right hook.
                    what are you roy jones? mayweather? such fast reflexes. sounds suicidal to me unless you're leagues above your opponent in athleticism.

Comment

Didn't Juliet Jackson use a right hook to behead herol graham..

Like I said before, it's best against an attacking opponent that in close, and that fight is a perfect example of it

Comment

Working...
                      X