Heavy Bag Stand Suggestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Bag Stand Suggestions

Hello,

I currently own a heavy bag that weighs 100 lbs. I used to attach it on the roof of my basement before, but now that my basement got renovated I am unable to use it now.

I was wondering if I could have suggestions on good stands that I could use for my bag. One that is durable and will not eventually break if the bag gets punched hard.

Also wondering if they're worth the money and if a good heavy bag stand really does exist.
    Please let me know if there are better alternatives, without making holes on the walls, ceiling or floor.

Thank you

(Sorry if this thread is not in the right section)
    Last edited by Gotann; 06-19-2014, 12:09 PM.

Originally posted by Gotann View Post
    Hello,

I currently own a heavy bag that weighs 100 lbs. I used to attach it on the roof of my basement before, but now that my basement got renovated I am unable to use it now.

I was wondering if I could have suggestions on good stands that I could use for my bag. One that is durable and will not eventually break if the bag gets punched hard.

Also wondering if they're worth the money and if a good heavy bag stand really does exist.
    Please let me know if there are better alternatives, without "destroying" the walls, ceiling or floor.

Thank you

(Sorry if this thread is not in the right section)
    depends what your wall or ceiling is made out of............

Comment

Sorry, what I meant was that I don't want to make any holes or screw anything on the walls, ceiling, or floor. Since I do not own the place in which live in currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotann View Post
        Sorry, what I meant was that I don't want to make any holes or screw anything on the walls, ceiling, or floor. Since I do not own the place in which live in currently.
        the floor stands are comparatively expensive

Comment

maybe your best bet is ebay:

examples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boxing-Heavy...item4180f7993b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Everlast-Pun...36584507&rt=nc

Comment

I've owned heavy bag stands and they honestly suck due to them limiting your mobility and the bag not moving as freely. It's better than nothing though, but if you can rig something up to have it hanging, even outside, I would strongly consider that instead.

Comment

Honestly, I use this guy here. It's great, it's very simple, and very effective. I use it for heavy bag, double end bag, uppercut bag, and speed bag. It is very sturdy, and pretty cheap at $250. I think it's a great investment if you would like to have a station to do your complete boxing workouts at any time, and when you feel it's convenient. So get this station, your bags, a jump rope and you're on your way. Roadwork is free.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                Honestly, I use this guy here. It's great, it's very simple, and very effective. I use it for heavy bag, double end bag, uppercut bag, and speed bag. It is very sturdy, and pretty cheap at $250. I think it's a great investment if you would like to have a station to do your complete boxing workouts at any time, and when you feel it's convenient. So get this station, your bags, a jump rope and you're on your way. Roadwork is free.

$250 is cheap? lol

Anyways, my issues with those stands are that they limit your movement due to the pegs and you can only punch the bag in a 180 degree angle since you can't fully circle it. Also, the bag doesn't move freely and can only swing back and forth if you hit it from the sides, where once again you have to watch out for the pegs. I own one myself, I have it propped up on some truck tool boxes in my backyard to have it higher. I hit it when I can't go to the gym but I wouldn't recommend it honestly, there's better and cheaper alternatives. Don't even get me started on the speed bag, it's almost impossible to stabilize those things so they stop shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  $250 is cheap? lol

Anyways, my issues with those stands are that they limit your movement due to the pegs and you can only punch the bag in a 180 degree angle since you can't fully circle it. Also, the bag doesn't move freely and can only swing back and forth if you hit it from the sides, where once again you have to watch out for the pegs. I own one myself, I have it propped up on some truck tool boxes in my backyard to have it higher. I hit it when I can't go to the gym but I wouldn't recommend it honestly, there's better and cheaper alternatives. Don't even get me started on the speed bag, it's almost impossible to stabilize those things so they stop shaking.
                  These are good points. But, I would still recommend it considering you can set up four different bags on it, and its convenient for home use; nothing beats gym environment, obviously. Movement is definitely an issue with most bag stands. The speed bag does shake a bit, but I get pretty good speed on it. All I am saying is that I still get a good workout doing the four stations on this platform (100 lb. heavy, double end, 50 lb. uppercut, speed bag), jump rope, and shadow boxing. This is great for home use. Actual boxing gym will provide more room for footwork or movement, sparring, and more social/competitive setting.

Comment

Thank you for all the replies everyone.

Yea, I'm sure that I'm going to find it really annoying that I won't be able to properly circle the bag.

I think what I might do is find a really cheap stand on ebay or something, as Jas suggested. So that I can actually use my bag at least. Until I have my own place, and able to attach it on a ceiling again.

Or I can try to find a better alternative, we'll see.

I did find a stand that looks a bit better. It's called: Century Cornerman

It looks big enough so that you can circle around it. However, it won't fit in the basement without taking a lot of space or getting in the way. It's also too expensive, so that's pretty much out of question for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X