No announcement yet.

Live breathe and eat boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live breathe and eat boxing

Boxing isn't only a sport. It's a lifestyle.

Why I say that is simple. You can use your boxing mentality towards other parts of life. Because in a way everything is interconnected. You can be determined, focused and motivated in boxing. Then you can transcend those qualities in all other areas of life, like let's say you're in sales and your opponent is the customer; you need to train your skills to the best of your abilities to create a knockout; in the sales, it's "closing". You want to be a closing artist just like you are a knockout artist.

So discuss what else you think your boxing mentality can be put to good use.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life. Don't forget to visit your mother.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life. Don't forget to visit your mother.
      Very well said .

Only that most of the times you aint where you wanna be not because of him but because of her

People think that they are somehow special and that their dreams must come truth . They are unique yes but not special .

Life is built more on luck than on dreams and work . One lucky punch or one unlucky ...

Only born poor are lied to work hard ...while rich kids either dont have to work or are taught by their rich parents to work smart .

You dont train hard ( overtrained equals dead ) ...you train smart . Thats the secret of champs .

Comment

Originally posted by MomentRising View Post
        Boxing isn't only a sport. It's a lifestyle.

Why I say that is simple. You can use your boxing mentality towards other parts of life. Because in a way everything is interconnected. You can be determined, focused and motivated in boxing. Then you can transcend those qualities in all other areas of life, like let's say you're in sales and your opponent is the customer; you need to train your skills to the best of your abilities to create a knockout; in the sales, it's "closing". You want to be a closing artist just like you are a knockout artist.

So discuss what else you think your boxing mentality can be put to good use.

Hello Mr. 1 post alt.

Comment

You have a really good point there! Yes life gives you lemons and tries to knock you down with it. But it's because life wants to make you the best that you can be by facing adversities. Champions aren't "born", they're made. Made by life's experiences and it's up to us to learn from those experiences and to prosper in maturity. EVERYTHING in life happens for a reason. Even if you think at the moment that it's a ****ty thing happening to you, chances are you'll be needing the lessons of that later on as you grow. Personal development is the way to success. Sulking in your misfortunes is the pathway to failure. And honestly, I don't see bad things as failures, rather the right way to perceive them is that they are learning experiences. Even when you win, you need to take a step back and learn what you can improve. Because just when you think you did enough, you have to beat your old self and outdo yourself. That is when you are going the right way and life will know that and will throw more lemons at you! =D

Comment

Originally posted by Dessert Storm View Post
            Very well said .

Only that most of the times you aint where you wanna be not because of him but because of her

People think that they are somehow special and that their dreams must come truth . They are unique yes but not special .

Life is built more on luck than on dreams and work . One lucky punch or one unlucky ...

Only born poor are lied to work hard ...while rich kids either dont have to work or are taught by their rich parents to work smart .

You dont train hard ( overtrained equals dead ) ...you train smart . Thats the secret of champs .
            Work hard is the mentality the mass has been taught to believe. Luckily I learned while working from some a highly successful person in the business I used to work at that working smart is the right way to success.

So if you need balance, you need to work hard at working smart. Be impeccable and invest time every second by compressing time instead of wasting time.

Comment

Originally posted by MomentRising View Post
              Work hard is the mentality the mass has been taught to believe. Luckily I learned while working from some a highly successful person in the business I used to work at that working smart is the right way to success.

So if you need balance, you need to work hard at working smart. Be impeccable and invest time every second by compressing time instead of wasting time.
              Work its not only the body ...its the mind . More often than not its the mind .

And thats the hardest part ...body is easy cause its one ... mind is all over the place like a gang of rats .

Comment

Originally posted by Dessert Storm
                Quote:

Originally Posted by MomentRising

Work its not only the body ...its the mind . More often than not its the mind .

And thats the hardest part ...body is easy cause its one ... mind is all over the place like a gang of rats .
                Speak for yourself. My rat gang is huddled around the VCR watching worn out plumpers sex tapes 24/7. And I'm rich!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

a true boxing mentality is heckled and prodded by those without skill or knowledge of the art, or are even ignorant in both, here in these forums.
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 05-14-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    a true boxing mentality is heckled and prodded by those without skill or knowledge of the art, or are even ignorant in both, here in these forums.
                    Sir, I can assure you that those advocating for a boxing lifestyle are well-versed in the art and skill of boxing.

Now please give me your credit card number and expiration date.

Comment

Working...
                    X