No announcement yet.

How to slip from the waist how to slip like Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to slip from the waist how to slip like Tyson

Normally I slip by dipping at one leg, but ive noticed most pro boxers slip at the waist despite it not being "textbook".

So I thought id try it.

Do you simply bend forward at the waist to slip right? Like Taking a bow?

How do you slip left do you do a side bend? Or wait till you are partially rotated and bend / bow foward? Or do you you lean a bit to the side AND a bit foward at the same time?

Also since Tyson has a very front on stance does he slip by doing side bends? (granted he slips many ways but when its from the waist he slips side ways) if you remeber him dodging that pendulum thats what I mean.

Can a person with a more side on traditional orthodox stance slip straight to the left side because it seems faster than slipping foward and to the side the normal way. ?

If you dont understand what the hell I mean please ask for further explanations.
    Last edited by AlexKid; 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM.

Also if you come in with a jab + a slip, then you go for a cross right after does that cross have to be a nomal cross staning perfectly up right or can you slip to the other side as you cross? I find trying this makes my head laterally move across in a way that seems dangerous.

1,2, with 2 slips? possible? stupid?

Comment

Boxing is difficult.....dont make it more difficult than it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitFast View Post
        Boxing is difficult.....dont make it more difficult than it already is.
        you're difficult

Comment

Slip with your hips and save yourself back problems. 1) You should never slip by "dipping at one leg" 2) Most boxers do not slip at the waist your eyes are deceiving you. Sometimes the waist and torso are involved more so then they even need to be in "classicaly" correct technical terms, but even still most of the motion is in the hips.

Both Mike T. and Cus had back problems from years of over use doing that.

Comment

Make sure your chin never goes past your front knee, bend your knees not your back.

Practice moving forward and backward in a ring, tie one side of your hand wrap to the top ring rope on one side, than the other side, do that again with the other two ropes, so that you create a plus sign + in the middle of the ring with your wraps.

shadow boxing like that every time, and when your near the ropes, punch before and after you slide every time. This will train your legs, and make it automatic reaction when your actually sparring.

Here's a fighter I use to know who does it the way I'm talking about, the only difference is i use two ropes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1A9...e_gdata_player

Comment

Hmmm.... good question and I finally figured out how to dodge that way without having a lower back pain.

Bend your knees more, you see that with Tyson; he bends his knees low enough to be able to absorb the impacts of his upper body going sideways. It's like bending your knees become grade A shock absorbers or suspensions on a car haha.

However in order to be able to continuously side to side, you need to be a bit more square, so be careful. Make sure your leg on the back is spread as wide as your front leg, because if the proportion of how far the knees are from the center of the body at the back, the more likely you'll get back pains. I kinda learned that the hard way after boxing, I'd get a bit of back pain until I adjusted accordingly.

Not to mention bending your knees helps to generate more power.

Comment

Working...
              X