No announcement yet.

Regarding roadwork... breathing through nose only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding roadwork... breathing through nose only

Im not trying to brag at all.. Because honestly I dont think im ****.

BUT...

Is it normal that I like to do hour + runs whilst breathing strictly through my nose? I tend to stay really relaxed and only have to breath more strenuously while running through crosswalks during green lights as to let cars make their right hand turns faster...

Is it healthy or abnormal to run like that? Does it simulate high altitude training like those ******ed high altitude masks? I sometimes will purposely run faster and force myself to breath through my mouth and get out of breath... but is it at all normal to be able to long distance run while breathing that way?

I have never encountered someone else doing it the way I do... So I figured Id ask the most prestigious boxing forums their opinions on the subject. Thanks guys. I greatly respect your guys' opinions.

I sometimes do longer runs whilst only breathing through my nose. The benefit is that it encourages you to run in an aerobic training zone at a lower heart rate, which does in itself have terrific endurance benefits.

when running flat out, panting through your mouth your heartrate is far higher and you would be likely training in an anaerobic zone. This sort of running has benefits too, but doing this every day isn't recommended......its an easy path to injury and overtraining syndrome.

Comment

Working...
    X