No announcement yet.

My fight where i blew out my knee... got my butt kicked but kept fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good little scrap.

It's not easy to deal with a swarmer who's got the size and reach advantage, so you done reasonably well.

That guy's left hand was down quite a lot, you should've countered him with overhand rights when he was throwing his jab and thrown more straight rights.

Easier said than done of course.

Hope your knee is well.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Edwards team did their homework, shot was there since the opening bell.
      Sure did. He tried like 2x before he caught him...all in 30 seconds. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGProNAPzY0

Heres my fight from this weekend, I injured my knee badly in beginning of round 2 and couldnt really do anything after that point but I hung in there anyways... i didnt want to quit.

Personally I think I would have beat him if i didnt **** my knee. Round 1 was close but I think I pulled it out, and I wasnt even settled down into my game plan quite yet. My Gameplan was pressure and get on inside and make it rough, and hit him with a 1-2, step to right, then back to left. But I couldn't do that when my knee got ****ed. I hurt my knee at 4:06 which was right at the beginning of the second.

I could have quit because at that point in my head I knew I lost, but I figured I better finish the fight. Only thing is, I kept fighting but in my head I gave up, I wish I would have still tried to win somehow on a gimped out knee. And by the way my knee is ****ed hard now, mass pain, mass swelling and huge limp.
        You gotta big heart. But I noticed the knee brace right away and that you slightly favor that leg even before the injury. I've had two knee surgeries, the first one was the repair from the injury which was a 50% torn MCL, slightly torn meniscus, and 100% torn PCL. and the second what to clean up scar tissue. You've got to go hard on rehab, flexibility, and strength. Once you've gotten your flexibility and strength back, the rest is mental.

As for boxing, your leg deficiency I believe is what contributed to your injury because you were leaning forward. All of your weight was on the front leg (the injured leg), that's just added pressure. Every time you throw a left hook or bend down or pivot adds increased stress on that knee. After healing and good rehab, you'll want to fix that in the gym. Either learn how to have a more balanced stance or shift the weight from your front leg to your back leg. This will increase your leverage on your shots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
          You gotta big heart. But I noticed the knee brace right away and that you slightly favor that leg even before the injury. I've had two knee surgeries, the first one was the repair from the injury which was a 50% torn MCL, slightly torn meniscus, and 100% torn PCL. and the second what to clean up scar tissue. You've got to go hard on rehab, flexibility, and strength. Once you've gotten your flexibility and strength back, the rest is mental.

As for boxing, your leg deficiency I believe is what contributed to your injury because you were leaning forward. All of your weight was on the front leg (the injured leg), that's just added pressure. Every time you throw a left hook or bend down or pivot adds increased stress on that knee. After healing and good rehab, you'll want to fix that in the gym. Either learn how to have a more balanced stance or shift the weight from your front leg to your back leg. This will increase your leverage on your shots as well.
          thanks man.... how long till you were up and active doing stuff after the surgeries?

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGProNAPzY0

Heres my fight from this weekend, I injured my knee badly in beginning of round 2 and couldnt really do anything after that point but I hung in there anyways... i didnt want to quit.

Personally I think I would have beat him if i didnt **** my knee. Round 1 was close but I think I pulled it out, and I wasnt even settled down into my game plan quite yet. My Gameplan was pressure and get on inside and make it rough, and hit him with a 1-2, step to right, then back to left. But I couldn't do that when my knee got ****ed. I hurt my knee at 4:06 which was right at the beginning of the second.

I could have quit because at that point in my head I knew I lost, but I figured I better finish the fight. Only thing is, I kept fighting but in my head I gave up, I wish I would have still tried to win somehow on a gimped out knee. And by the way my knee is ****ed hard now, mass pain, mass swelling and huge limp.
            You fought like a warrior! Like Maidana would do! Well done, hope you recover well, and soon, it will only make you stronger, both physically and mentally.

I also second what the above poster says about balance distribution.

Comment

rematch son!

Comment

Originally posted by Chalino Sanchez View Post
                rematch son!
                if my knee gets better and i step in the ring again then forsure!

Comment

Bro when you slip you dip so low! Surprised you didn't blow it out earlier!! I'm on bad knees aswell though! Running is tough sometimes! Good luck for the future.

Comment

I've been sitting here at my computer massaging my knee that I injured 24 years ago and came across your thread so I thought I would comment. If in fighting-on with your injured knee brought you much closer to that million dollar plus paycheck for doing so then congratulations. If however you didn't get a dime and compromised your knee for the rest of you life then you are an idiot for having done so. Remember this post in 24 years from now when your knee is hurting you while going for a walk...and also remember this post should you find yourself in that same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by nyashapatrickd View Post
                      Bro when you slip you dip so low! Surprised you didn't blow it out earlier!! I'm on bad knees aswell though! Running is tough sometimes! Good luck for the future.
                      Was going to say the same, he was using his height and weight on you. He was leaning on you when you dip low so you will tire out or hurt your knees. unfortunately you injured your knee.

Get Well Soon

Comment

Working...
                      X