No announcement yet.

What is your routine for lifting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your routine for lifting?

What does your guys routine look like? Bro split, push pull legs, 5x5, full body. etc.

Just wondering I did 5x5 for a bit, switched to PHAT which I liked a lot but was hurting my shoulder from the volume, now I do PPL which is nice but not a big fan of it.

I'm thinking about changing to a bro split, except squatting 3 times a week on top of the 1 day of legs, just for peace of mind.

Any recommendations or anything or advice would be solid

I've been playing with the idea of doing a routine like this... kinda weird and haven't seen it around but I think it'd work well for me.

Monday (Push)
    Flat bench 4 sets
    OHP 4 sets
    Incline press 3 sets
    Arnold press 3 sets
    Decline press superset with flyes 3 sets
    Lateral raise 4 sets
    French press SS with CG BP
    Squats 4x5

Tuesday (Pull)
    Weighted Pull ups 4 sets
    BB Rows 4 sets
    Lat pull down 3 sets
    Face pulls 3 sets
    Deadlifts 4x5
    then about 8 sets for biceps

Legs
    Squats 4x5
    Lunges 3 sets (fuark I hate lunges)
    Leg Press 4 sets
    SLDL 3 sets
    leg curls

Thursday will be the same as monday, and friday same as tuesday

Difference with this routine is I'll be squatting 3 times a week and deadlifting twice a week. Right now there is wayyy too much volume on push day got to figure something out.

Comment

During highschool, my amateur days, I had a weightlifting class for 4 semesters.

On your lifting days do your weights and your boxing workout. On off days from lifting get your running in and do your boxing workout.

BE SURE to properly stretch before your boxing workouts, your muscles will obviously be tight from the lifting. 10 minutes of proper stretching could save you months off from an injury that could have easily been prevented

Squats will strengthen those legs helping you stay upright when nailed with big shots, great for boxers............. Rockin'

Comment

4 day split

Sunday Bicep chest

flat bench 4 sets

incline DB press 4 sets

flat DB flies 3 sets

Standing BB curls 4 sets

seated DB curls 2 sets

close grip preacher curls 2sets

Monday Triceps and back

Wide grip pull ups 4 sets until failure

bent over rows 4 sets

chin ups 4 sets

DB kickbacks 4 sets

french press 2 sets

weighted dips 2 sets until failure

Wednesday upper legs

Leg extensions 4 sets

DB squats 3 sets

Leg curls 4 sets

BB lunges 3 sets

Thursday shoulders calves

BB press 3 sets

lat raises 3 sets

seated DB press 3 sets

uprights rows 4 sets

standing calf raises 3 sets

seated calf raises 3 sets

Friday/Sat rest and I take weight gainers and creatine between meals through the week I am 10 weeks into this and have seen good gains might run this one a few more weeks before I switch it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          During highschool, my amateur days, I had a weightlifting class for 4 semesters.

On your lifting days do your weights and your boxing workout. On off days from lifting get your running in and do your boxing workout.

BE SURE to properly stretch before your boxing workouts, your muscles will obviously be tight from the lifting. 10 minutes of proper stretching could save you months off from an injury that could have easily been prevented

Squats will strengthen those legs helping you stay upright when nailed with big shots, great for boxers............. Rockin'
          It takes me a solid 20 - 30 mins to loosen up to a point where I have decent mobility with boxing after lifting. If I lift really hard, it will take longer. I don't stretch much though, I typically just shadow box, jump rope and jumping jacks to loosen up. I also try to shadowbox a little between sets when I left to not get too tight.

I think lifting gets a bad wrap in boxing. If you don't go too crazy with it, I think it's a good thing for boxing. I normally feel stronger and faster when I box a few days after lifting assuming I've done a good amount of work to loosen back up (running, heavy bag, shadowboxing, jump rope etc.).

Comment

I don't really have a set routine...I tend to incorporate some body weight exercises in with my weight lifting too...and mostly all compound, full body lifting. I don't break out individual body parts. That's for bodybuilders to me.

Bench Press
            4 Sets

Push Ups
            4 Sets

Squat Machine
            3 Sets

Squat Presses with 45lb
            3 Sets

Jump Rope (doing after squats kills legs)

Bicep Curls
            3 sets

Twist and Push (Squat position, hold 45lb plate with both hands, twist and push plate upwards) Works and strengthens core, shoulders, arms and legs.
            3 sets

I tend to shadowbox a little or light stretching to stay loose in between sets. Tightness in boxing = the enemy.

Comment

I don't lift but a friend of mine has gotten good results from the Bruno Sammartino workout. You're supposed to just do what you can at first and slowly work your way up in weight or reps.

M/W/F

1. Squat 3x6

2. Bench press 3x6

3. Barbell curl 3x6

4. Press behind neck 3x6

5. Upright rowing 3x6

6. Sit-ups. 3 sets

T/Th

1. Hindu squats 2x100

2. Hindu pushups 2x100

3. Behind the neck pull-ups 2x15

4. Isometric Calf Hold 2:00 minutes

5. Isometric Hand Clasp 2:00 minutes

He also suggests that you run 1-2 miles twice a week.

Comment

Hey guys this is just my 2 cents so feel free to disagree with what I am about to say but I think anymore than 1 or 2 weight lifting days per week is too much if your training to fight.

imo it will cause you to over train and likely negatively effect your overall conditioning and stamina.

I didnt read through all the post carefully so I dont know the detail of all your workouts so I may have missed something.

Danny Gunz, it sounds to me like your already showing some effects of over training in your shoulders and your thinking about switching to that wieghtlifting routine in your second post? Not a good idea.

Your body needs rest or its gonna break down.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                  I don't really have a set routine...I tend to incorporate some body weight exercises in with my weight lifting too...and mostly all compound, full body lifting. I don't break out individual body parts. That's for bodybuilders to me.

Bench Press
                  4 Sets

Push Ups
                  4 Sets

Squat Machine
                  3 Sets

Squat Presses with 45lb
                  3 Sets

Jump Rope (doing after squats kills legs)

Bicep Curls
                  3 sets

Twist and Push (Squat position, hold 45lb plate with both hands, twist and push plate upwards) Works and strengthens core, shoulders, arms and legs.
                  3 sets

I tend to shadowbox a little or light stretching to stay loose in between sets. Tightness in boxing = the enemy.

This doesnt look bad for 1-2 times a week routine. 2 is pushing it tho.

Comment

delete read the orginal post wrong
                    Last edited by DosRounds; 01-31-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X