No announcement yet.

Boxing and protein shakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Do you agree that increased size doesn't directly correlate to increased strength over, let's say, a high volume workout of 20 sets with a 8-10 rep range?

I'm getting way stronger. And it's not only over a 1 rep max. I can sustain the increased workload for a high volume workout BUT I'm not increasing in size. In fact, I've lost weight. I'm 74kg, 6 foot 2, which is 163 pounds and 188cm.
    Its all about genetics each and every person is different in there own way

Comment

Supplementing is always beneficial

Comment

Since I started drinking protein shakes right after boxing, I've noticed my recovery between sessions has improved a lot. Give it a shot, beats slamming a pile of raw eggs.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Protein shakes are very beneficial regardless if you're a weightlifter, runner, boxer, or just a regular person. I think you're under the impression that protein shakes are only for big meat-head bodybuilders (I had this misconception as well). It's a fact that your body needs protein, especially if you're doing some type of exercise. Hell, I even recommended my mom to drink some protein shakes after work. Just gotta do a little research on what you're buying.
          Last edited by _original_; 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, my son is 13 and has been boxing for 2 1/2 years now. He's started doing a lot of pull ups, push up etc to build his strengh but doesn't do any weights apart from maybe a 2kg while shadow boxing. He wants to start taking a protein shake after training. Is he too young or is there no age limit?

Comment

Originally posted by stevie07 View Post
              Hey guys, my son is 13 and has been boxing for 2 1/2 years now. He's started doing a lot of pull ups, push up etc to build his strengh but doesn't do any weights apart from maybe a 2kg while shadow boxing. He wants to start taking a protein shake after training. Is he too young or is there no age limit?
              There's no age limit. If he's not used to large amounts of protein, start him off with smaller amounts until his stomach gets used to it.

Comment

Working...
              X