No announcement yet.

Ideal weight class?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal weight class?

Good day, sirs! I know this question has been asked by a lot of aspiring amateurs already. I just wanna clarify if I should really cut down for a fight because all the trainers who had asked what my weight was were a bit shocked to find out that my small physique weighs 127lbs. I'm 5'4.5", not too skinny not too cut either, just in between, I think. I came from 140lbs (5 months ago), i try to eat clean (although there are days that i cant eat clean because of financial reasons) and ran a lot They've all advised me to get to 120 or 118 for my fight on march. I know i can do it but I tend to focus on dieting than training and I think it shouldn't be that way..

Any ideas, suggestions or comments?
    Do I really have to try hard-er to get to that weight?
    Thanks in advance.

How old are you? You're pretty quick i take it? 7 lbs by march isn't **** i say just work on you're game and keep training hard and don't even worrie about the scale until February you have plenty of time. Drink Water, relax, and have a good time. Don't over think this process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Erm View Post
      How old are you? You're pretty quick i take it? 7 lbs by march isn't **** i say just work on you're game and keep training hard and don't even worrie about the scale until February you have plenty of time. Drink Water, relax, and have a good time. Don't over think this process.
      20 years old. Been boxing for 2 years already, not too quick but i think I'm fine. Rly hard not to eat so much during this season lol. I think I'm about to gain 2-3 lbs before 2014. Thanks for your advice bro! I guess I'm over thinking the dieting part. Will keep my mind focused on the sport. I'm just having a pretty hard time balancing boxing, strength and cardio workouts.

Comment

Working...
      X