Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really, really confused about my stance.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really, really confused about my stance.

First off I write with my left and kick with my left foot and I think my dominant eye is my right, but I feel like my right hand is my strongest one, so am not sure which stance I should take. Anyone got any advice?

how long have you been boxing for and which stance feels more natural? if your right hand is stronger then it would be better to have it as your back hand

Comment

Originally posted by whywouldyou View Post
      First off I write with my left and kick with my left foot and I think my dominant eye is my right, but I feel like my right hand is my strongest one, so am not sure which stance I should take. Anyone got any advice?
      Naturally speaking, which hand holds the willy when it willies? Simple as that. Which ever hand holds the willie will be your dominate side, so place that sides foot in the back........ Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Naturally speaking, which hand holds the willy when it willies? Simple as that. Which ever hand holds the willie will be your dominate side, so place that sides foot in the back........ Rockin'
        Your wife won't be in the ring with him.

Comment

more accurate hand(hand you have more control over) on the back

the back hand has to travel a long distance, you need it accurate and the controled to let the force travel from feet to fist to chin

Comment

There's nothing to be confused about. Stand the way you feel most comfortable. Your power hand does NOT have to be the back hand. It can be your lead the way it's been for many great and legendary fighters.

If you feel better in a southpaw stance, then stick with that one. The key is to not keep switching back and forth until you get one down really well. Learn one side, stick with it and then who knows, you might be able to switch back and forth between the two in the future.

Comment

Was in the gym today and on the pads and asked my coach what he thinks, he made me do 1-2's on the bag and was watching my movement, both are convinced that am a southpaw with my movement as I look less awkward and move better and my body mechanics look more natural. Only problem for me is my left straight does not feel right but am going to work on it, but my lead right hook feels good. I guess am a southpaw then? Thanks for the advice people

Comment

I think you should embrace being a southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I think you should embrace being a southpaw.
                  Yeah I am, I've been told the advantages of it so I figure since I should naturally be one I may as well go for it

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    There's nothing to be confused about. Stand the way you feel most comfortable. Your power hand does NOT have to be the back hand. It can be your lead the way it's been for many great and legendary fighters.

If you feel better in a southpaw stance, then stick with that one. The key is to not keep switching back and forth until you get one down really well. Learn one side, stick with it and then who knows, you might be able to switch back and forth between the two in the future.
                    This........ My way of saying it may have been different but I was aiming at the same thing. Just pick a side and work with it instead of always switching back and forth at the beginning. Master one side and then maybe try mastering the other aswell. Fighting south paw is only an advantage if you opponent does not know how to fight against them. Also, having a solid coach who KNOWS how to fight from that side is essential to your growth.

Basicaly it was a sarcastic way of saying do what comes natural for you and drop all of the drama. Just do it..... Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X