This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Dont really care what you think to be honest.

I just told you i havent stuck to my diet.. ive maintained the same weight this whole time.

Ill take it as a compliment because i know what i have done and so do the people that i lift with.

Also im not sure what you find so ridiculous im not benching anything astronomical.. a max of 340 at 195 i think is good but by no means anything to look at as steroids lmao.

Omar isuf on youtube just did 340 at 180lbs
    340 at around 200 pounds is an elite-level lift. To put it into perspective, only 1 in around 100 adult men can bench press 300 pounds. With a 340 pounds lift, you'd be closer to 1 in 3-500. In and of itself, making that claim wouldn't make you a liar. Claiming to have boosted your bench to that number, over the course of about 6 months, while essentially starving yourself and running up massive caloric deficits through intense cardio on 5 of the 7 days a week?

You might be able to fool people who don't know anything about strength training, but you can't fool anyone who knows what the deal is. It doesn't add up. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Going to start training for my first half-marathon tommorow

Comment

Starting my program again tomorrow after taking the holidays off. I'm gonna miss Red Bull

Comment

I absolutely crushed it in the gym today.

Comment

Why don't people just post videos of them doing what they are being doubted of doing?

Comment

Had a PB yesterday on deep squats 100 killos 220 Lbs. I did 2 sets of 5 reps at that weight. I weigh 168 Lbs 76 Killos. My target is 120 Killos 264 Lbs. I PBd 2 weeks ago on deadlifts 4 reps at 140 Kg 308 Lbs my target is 160 kg 352 Lbs. My guess is I will have to go up another 7 to 9 lbs to hit targets.
              There is a guy at the gym who looks around 200 Lbs and I have seen him bench 4 plates which is 180 killos 396 Lbs. He is short and stocky but wide with short levers. If I did not see it with my own eyes I would not have believed it was possible.
              I have been training hard on weights now for around 20 weeks and put on 14 Lbs which is pretty good for a hard gainer. I train on weights 2 times a week for about an hour and go heavy and intense after a warm up really squeezing out slow negitives with short rest periods between sets. You can work long or hard but not both together. I was lucky I have a good friend who is a personal trainer and I train with him once a week and he is really strict on form. without his know how there is no way I would be making big gains in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Alrightttt had quite a good week so far.... trying to lose lbs as always... Mon-Thurs.

My BMR is about 1,800

So Monday:

BMR: 1,800
                Workout Burned: 823 Calories

Ate 1,150 Calories.
                ----------------------------------

-1,473 Calories for Monday

Tuesday

Workout Burned: 1,188

Ate: 1,400 Calories
                ------------------------

-1588 Calories for Tuesday

Wednesday

Calories Burned: 750

Ate:1,800 Calories
                -----------------------

-750 Calories for Wednesday

Thursday

BMR: 1800
                Calories Burned: 750

Ate: 1,900 Calories

---------------------------
                -650 Calories for Thursday

Monday - Thursday Calories is -4,461 Calories

Monday Morning I was 196lbs This AM I was 191.5.

Which means I had about 3.2lbs of food/water weight and 1.3lbs of fat lost in 4 days.

Im sore as ****.
                Reed, those are some crazy calorie deficits. I'm a similar weight to you and if I was only eating 1-2k calories a day I think I might end up killing someone. Do you just get used to it or what? The fatigue and irritability would be too much for me.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
                  This will be the third time i say it.

Im not on that diet.

Im not doing intense cardio 7 days a week

My cardio consists of a 10min run or a 15 min jump rope session as a warm up.

Also my max bench as of july was 300-305. 6 months of never missing a bench day I hit 340.

Everything ive stated is a fact...

Im on a deficit thru the week and a surplus thru the weekend... ive stayed around 195 the last 6 months

If you dont believe me lol cool

you can't fake a video. lets see it.

Comment

So much for that guy.

Comment

Gotta give him credit for posting some evidence vids.

Comment

Working...
                      X