X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    lol.

Its all personal opinion.

I like Elliot, he's too preachy for me though.
    what are you looking to get from chris jones?

Comment

• Trying different reps ranges in my 10 week split routine this time to see what results they produce. For example weeks 1-3 I am went with the normal 6-12 rep range but this week number 4 I am working with lighter weights at a higher rep range of 13-16 then going back to the normal 6-12. During week 8 I am going to do the opposite with heavy weight low reps like 3,5,7 and back up to 6-12 for weeks 9 and 10.

Comment

• think i need to follow a youtube channel, and this thread for motivation, slight slip up last couple months, but going to push on and cut for the summer

THE REED what workouts you suggest brah

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant
          I have opposite issues, I have to be careful not to eat too little, couldn't lose my abs on purpose if I wanted. I am just regularly eating pizza, burgers, weight gainer shakes with whole milk and its a struggle to get my medium build 5'11 ass over 200lbs
          eat nuts - cashews , almonds. they can be expensive at your local supermarket but try to order bulk from an indian retailer , for example.

Comment

• Today was pull day

Deadlifts: warm up to 315, then do 3 sets of 345 for singles. Tried for 365 last Saturday and failed. I got it just above the knees then hit a wall and just dropped it before I tweaked my back. Will have to try again maybe next week... think I can get it honestly was feeling awesome on saturday and pulled everything else no problem just couldn't finish it up. Was also hoping to hit a 405 DL by summer lol... no way that will happen

Barbell rows heavy... 4 sets for about 3-5 reps. BB rows crush my back love them.

Weighted pull ups.. finish up with 3x8 on these probably my favorite back exercise

Then threw in some work for rear delts and biceps followed by 4 sets of the ab wheel.

Meh lifting session today. Was a little burned out from work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant
              I do one muscle group then the other, never tried it the other way, might give that a go after this program has ran its course.
              Alternating allows the muscle group more rest and better sets... doing all sets in a row one muscle group allows a better pump and tear.

Comment

• yo Reed how do you get by with the problem that you have been having with your lower back? it's a big problem of mine and it just pisses me off because it keeps me away from working out. seriously can lift heavy objects or move the way i should be moving. it's just a total pain in the azz. i can't bend, standing up is too ****ing hard and just anything that has got to do with moving i am having a hard time. i hate missing days or even weeks at the gym.

any tips on this? i want to try to do some acupuncture on this shyt but i don't know if it would help.

Comment

• Sickening leg workout today.

Usually the staple for my leg day is 6 or 7 sets of squats starting low and working up to heavy singles for the last couple of sets.

After that is the real killer. 4 sets on leg press... first 3 sets do a weight you can hit 6-12 times increasing each set. On the fourth is a drop set go heavy for a 4-6 reps, then drop the weight down go for another 4-6, drop again etc.

Quads will be on fire when all is said and done.

Comment

• Just stepping back into getting in shape. Got a long road. Down to 210 from 228. Looking for 180 or so. This past month I hit a personal milestone by running 100 miles in a month. Never did that **** before.

Comment

• Ok so starting my new program which is like my old one but the days certain muscle groups are worked is restructured and I am taking out/adding different exercises depending on how I felt they worked last cycle.

I am going to do a split routine 4 days per week like usual I find is best but for legs do you think long distances running would be enough without weight work for that body part? If I am still creating a calories surplus I should still see some mass gain right as long as I am applying principles of progressive overload? For instance you do this by moving up the weight or trying to perform more reps than you did the last time so wouldn't this work if I ran a bit further or maybe added intensity to the runs? any advice on this or opinions?

Comment

Working...
                      X