No announcement yet.

Ring Fear... first time ...prefight nerves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Fear... first time ...prefight nerves

Ok does anyone out there get perfight jitters?? I cant sleep...I been going throught everything in my head over and over again.. I fight in my first fight Friday.. I been trainning for this fight for 4 months and I know Im ready but I keep getting these negitive thoughs... does anyone else go though this??? I know I need to be a positive thinker,,,, and be able to fucus and everthing... Tell us about your perfight jitters and what was the result

I don't have any good advice but Good Luck to you please let us know what happens.

Comment

i used to have a serious case of ring nerves. i honestly think youre just gonna have to do like i did, and deal with them until you fight a couple times. once youre confident, you can keep a cool head. it went from being my weakness to my strength...i now have a very very cool head.

Comment

You just have to ask yourself what you are really afraid of. Losing? everybody loses. Go in there and do the things you know how to do. Give it everything you have and never quit and you will be fine as far as that is concern. Afraid of getting hit? Who cares. Pain goes away. It is nothing to be concerned about or afraid of.

Comment

Originally posted by IMBIGRU
          Ok does anyone out there get perfight jitters?? I cant sleep...I been going throught everything in my head over and over again.. I fight in my first fight Friday.. I been trainning for this fight for 4 months and I know Im ready but I keep getting these negitive thoughs... does anyone else go though this??? I know I need to be a positive thinker,,,, and be able to fucus and everthing... Tell us about your perfight jitters and what was the result
          im in the exact same boat man , im fighting next friday the 27th , i think the only way u will get rid of them is to get in their and do it , im having negative thougts aswell man im fighting infront of my own town . theres 200 tickets being sold for the fight , i aint scared of going in their it just 200 ppl , i aint really tht nervy just now , well i am but i think ill get worse but im just trying to keep it at the back of my head just now , quite often it will just hit me "your fighting in a 8 days" , ive been doing a lot of work this week at college and my teacher has being shouting at me because i have just been sitting at my desk in a daydream about boxing and ppl in my college class are going you'll probs get beat u will come in here with black eyes n tht , well i dont really care what there thinking , i keep telling myself im going to win this the only thing thts kinda worrying me is my coatch says if they cant get someone my weight i will be doing an exibition match ( i aint looking forward to tht one if it happens)just thinking back i dont think my sleep has really been effected yet just try and keep your mind on other things (mines is on this girl im chasing lol) anyways all the best to you my man and i hope you win if you have put the training in dont worry

Comment

"I'm scared every time I go into the ring, but it's how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, 'Let's go.'"
            -Mike Tyson

Comment

Im not afraid of getting beat or knocked out,,,... I think I afraid of not looking tough...!! i Think everyone from my home town is coming to the fight

Comment

you know ...Like not doing my best... I have all my friends and family coming to watch me box... and im nerveous..ill let them down.. If I loose a close match..I would be ok with that... I just want to do my best... I want to win and I think i can,... Im also neveous about running out of gas and looking like a *****!! I been trainnning for this toughman contest since august and they will pair you up by skill level and since its my first time boxing they should pair me up against a guy that its his first time also... If they tell the truth on there application.. everyone knows they lie...anyway...Ill be fine aslong as i dont get to nerveous and choke... I have been lucky to have one of the best trainners around... This guy has trainned pro fighters for 30 yrs and his fighters always win... so that makes me feel better,.. but i spar with this pro and it messes up my confadence

Comment

Originally posted by IMBIGRU
                  you know ...Like not doing my best... I have all my friends and family coming to watch me box... and im nerveous..ill let them down.. If I loose a close match..I would be ok with that... I just want to do my best... I want to win and I think i can,... Im also neveous about running out of gas and looking like a *****!! I been trainnning for this toughman contest since august and they will pair you up by skill level and since its my first time boxing they should pair me up against a guy that its his first time also... If they tell the truth on there application.. everyone knows they lie...anyway...Ill be fine aslong as i dont get to nerveous and choke... I have been lucky to have one of the best trainners around... This guy has trainned pro fighters for 30 yrs and his fighters always win... so that makes me feel better,.. but i spar with this pro and it messes up my confadence
                  is this tououghman contest boxing?

Comment

yes its amature boxing ... its for people that have less than 10 fights and have only won 5 or less... Its 3 ...1 min rounds with 1 min or 45 sec rounds with 16 oz gloves and head gear... its straight boxing... no kicks or anything

Comment

Working...
                    X