Favorite Conditioning/ Bag Drills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Conditioning/ Bag Drills

Hey guys,
    I just started paying for my gym membership by teaching some cardio boxing and kickboxing classes. I'm looking for ideas on different workouts to do either as warmups, on the bags, for ab work, etc. I know there's a lot of stuff on youtube and all that, but if you guys wanted to post either descriptions or links to stuff you've enjoyed yourselves that could help me find the good stuff without weeding through a hundred videos of... I'll just say varying quality... I'll put a couple of examples I like using below so its not all one-sided. Thanks guys.

half situps, pushups, and squats on the trainers count (with lots of holding when in the squat, down on the pushup, and halfway up on situps).

Hitting the bag with 1-2's or uppercuts with drops to pushups/jumpsquats/sprawls/etc, on command, getting back to punches as quickly as possible.

Fast feet until trainer calls a number, then that many straight punches, that many pushups (or squats, burpees, etc), then back to fast feet.

Wanking. :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
      Wanking. :wank:
      hilarious, thanks

Comment

I did that for awhile, teaching "fitness' boxing, for free, so I could use the gym to teach a bunch of poor kids how to fight. This is what worked for me...
        Doing that "on command" sort of thing gets hard if you have a bunch of people. try making it as much like a real boxing work out as possible- I think that half the trip with a lot of people is pretending to be real fighters. Break it down by rounds, all that, and focus a good amount of time on actual boxing stuff, like throwing for real punches and so on.
        Here's my big tip...Really work on your mitts routine. I messed with this for a minute, experimented. The "Mayweather Method" was new at the time, so I tried that out. Not much response. So I did what i did with my "real" fighters and made mitt work as much like boxing as possible. They LOVED that. I had to turn all the bag/warm up stuff over to my partner and I did 35-40 rounds each night on the mitts. Work it out and people will love it. Make it as real as you can.

Comment

When I take people through bag workouts at the gym, I like to do "inside/outside" drills.

I do 2 minute rounds switching between working the bag mimicking inside fighting (staying close to the bag, keeping hands up, elbows in, chin tucked, staying low, moving around the bag, ripping shots to the body and head) and working the bag mimicking outside fighting (keeping the bag at arm's length, throwing a lot of jabs, jabbing, 1 2s and turning).

Comment

30 sec of punching hard and fast....30 sec rest for 6 rounds....that will definitely help with conditioning....I should start doing it again myself, but I doubt i'd make 6 rounds right now...lol

Comment

Today I did a drill, continuous punching on the bag, mixing up intensity, combinations, speed, power and moving around the bag, for 10 mins straight. This was about 1.5 hours into the workout...my shoulders were toast.

Comment

Working...
              X