No announcement yet.

How to attack this guy in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Coach is ******ed, I want someone on heres answer.
    I was actually getting ready in another thread to ask folks to "lay off" of you a bit, because people were complaining about how many threads you post. I personally think its great that you're very enthusiastic and stay active on the forum.

However, this comment here is hugely disrespectful. I don't know your coach, so i'm not going to defend him, but if you have this lack of respect for your coach, quit going to him. you're wasting his time, and you're wasting your money, and i'm sure there is another kid that'd be very happy to use that time.

this disappoints me

Comment

Are you some kind of crack addict who just sits at home and imagines up fights and that posts a thread asking how you can be better in these 'fights' to make yourself feel like it really did happen? Cause I'm beginning to think you are. Firstly you say he keeps getting you with a right-cross and he's a south paw, well how the fxck do you throw a right cross when you're a southpaw with the right hand at the front? Either you're talking about the right jab or the left-cross. Secondly to answer your question, what you would do is slip the the outside of the jab or cross and counter with a hook from whatever side. If they throw the jab and they are really tall, what you could do is get under te jab, throw a jab of your own and knock em off guard and come back with a hard right cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
        All fighters have a golden zone a space where they like fighting at and a punching range where they get the most leverage but they also have a dark place where they are not comfortable where they don't want to fight at where they can't get everything on their punches. Your job is to work out what these are and take the fighter to the dark place and into your golden zone. In this case his golden zone will be punching you as you come in at RANGE. You are shorter so your golden zone is closer in ,so work yourself in and fire away where you have leverage and he doesn't and try and stay there and fall in rather than out where he can nail you when you exit in his golden zone. This is what Hagler did to Hearns.hagler denied Hearns the room he wanted and made him fight closer in and kept banging away.
        Thanks as always Mongo thats great advice!

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post

(Wouldnt let me quote the whole thing! )

1. Practice cutting off the ring and going in at angles.

2. Move your head on the way in.

3. Since this guy is a southpaw, I am assuming when you said right cross, you mean left cross. Practice stepping in and slipping to the outside (your right) of the straight left hand at the same time and countering with a left hook to the body.

Fighting fighters like this is all about minimizing taking damage on the way in (#1 and #2 does this) and making them pay when they throw punches (#3). When you do get inside, you should have the mindset that you want to do damage. .

Thank you Sir! Absolutely brilliant ideas, now Im gonna get him!

Thats some amazing boxing knowlege you have! So helpful!!!

Comment

Working...
          X