No announcement yet.

Controlling variables in the ring help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling variables in the ring help

This video talks about how fighting is about controlling variables and not luck. I especially like how 7:20 it is explained how the stance lowered the available options thus given the defensive person less offensive attacks to worry about. This made countering and evaded easier

Sry can't post links yet.
    Youtube Title: Charley Burley: Analyzing Genius

I am looking for information whether it be books, articles,or websites. Where I can learn this type of information.

The problem I have as novice to boxing/fighting sports is that many of the information often tells Ex: stand like this, Keep head down like that, throw punch and combo s like this. This is all great and important info. However, I'm looking for the why's and more in depth information. I'm looking for information like in the video on how to chunk down the information I get during sparring and be able to know and dictate what threats are available. Thereby make having less options to deal with.

Thanks for the help

IT was a great video indeed

Info, well, all I can say that without good solid sharp punches you will not be able to control anything. The opponent won't fear you.

Comment

Working...
    X