Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of my invention (new punch) good or bad idea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of my invention (new punch) good or bad idea?

Ok its too slow to lead with a hook.

But leading with a jab does no damage.

My invention is a normal step in jab thrown with a push off the rear leg, then as the arm straightens out at about two thirds of the way there I suddenly torque my hips like I do when I throw a left hook straight from my stance. This makes the jab suddenly pop around the guard hand and connect with the power of a hook at long range.

It has the power of a left hook (almost) the range of a jab, the straight line speedy delvery of a jab, yet comes in at an angle at the last moment, the elusivness of a fient, all bound into one.

What do you guys think useful or useless and why? Also would it work vs southpaws?

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Ok its too slow to lead with a hook.

But leading with a jab does no damage.

My invention is a normal step in jab thrown with a push off the rear leg, then as the arm straightens out at about two thirds of the way there I suddenly torque my hips like I do when I throw a left hook straight from my stance. This makes the jab suddenly pop around the guard hand and connect with the power of a hook at long range.

It has the power of a left hook (almost) the range of a jab, the straight line speedy delvery of a jab, yet comes in at an angle at the last moment, the elusivness of a fient, all bound into one.

What do you guys think useful or useless and why? Also would it work vs southpaws?
    sounds interesting, though, you may have rediscovered some old school technique

Anyway, could you make a video, say on heavy bag or real opponent?

Comment

sounds like a mayweather type check hook iv heard it called, roy jones and other fast handed fighters use it often, as with faking a jab to the body before throwing a left hook. it would work against southpaws but its easier and safer to land a rolling back hook as your opponent comes in, like donaire used against vic.

Comment

you'll find that the move you described is powerful but it takes longer to deliver. In the amateurs where speed is in abundance your jab/hook will be quickly and easily countered by jabs. It all goes down in hundredths of a second, you have to be precise and extremely fast. Now if you've worked this guy down a bit and tired him out then by all means turn that hip in with that jab, turn the hook over with that elbow up and give it to him good. Just be sure to bring your right hand in immediately behind it........... Rockin'

Comment

This sounds similar to what we call a "Bear Claw" in Muay Thai. Oscar De Le Hoya does this.

Comment

Working...
          X