Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this right? If you are not counter punching the only punch you shd attack with is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this right? If you are not counter punching the only punch you shd attack with is

A jab if you are orthadox?

Or a cross and hesitantly a jab if you are a southpaw?

So you never attack or lead with a hook, uppercut, overhand, shovel etc unless its a counter punch or following a jab if ur orthadox or a cross if your a southpaw!?

No...

if that was the case, you would fight an entire fight with a jab, you become too predictable doing so.

You can attack with anything. Sometimes I like to go from a left hook as my first punch in my combo, but that's just me.

counter punchers are trained to counter ALL attacks, so it doesn't matter if you are just shooting a jab, they can counter that too... mix it up.

Comment

that you should generally lead with the jab dosen't mean you always have to do it. Like previous poster said, throw a lead right or a feint (or a lead left hook ocassionally if you are fast enough) just to mix things up a bit. If you do the same thing over and over your opponent will predict what you are going to do.

Comment

No, thats not right! Throwing lead rights or hooks or uppercuts are all perfectly fine! If you know what your seeing and can adjust to it! Ray.

Comment

If you're a novice it's not recommended, you're easier to counter, I like throwing lead rights and stepping to the left. or leading with hooks sometimes, try check hooking too. Juts jabbing is predictable if it's one at a time. Double it triple it, go to the body, body head. you can do a lot with a jab.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
          X