No announcement yet.

southpaw stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southpaw stuff

Not asking HOW to fight as a southpaw or against but more on tricks and tactics yous like to do. As a southpaw (boxer) I've came across tons of cool little things to do over the last few years and looking to expand now. And video footage of it working or an idea would be big props. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by shs101 View Post
    Not asking HOW to fight as a southpaw or against but more on tricks and tactics yous like to do. As a southpaw (boxer) I've came across tons of cool little things to do over the last few years and looking to expand now. And video footage of it working or an idea would be big props. Thanks in advance
    Initiate awkwardness (e.g. tangle up and pivot right) then throw the right hook, the right hook lands easy because an orthadox fighter never has to defend against it normally on that side, so then if you throw it in an awkward scramble its twice as likely to catch em.

If you wanna see what I mean by awkward look at David Price getting knocked out

Comment

I have coached a lot of southpaws lately and i have worked on combos that always seemed to give me trouble here is a rundown of a few...
      1 up high and 2 slamming down to the body setting that lead jab up and coming with the straight left down the pipe seems to work for alot of southpaws

I also like if Oradox fighters comes into close throw short right hook and angle and then honestly parlay that to whatever 3 punch combo you like from there.. I know these are MMA guys but the pawing Jab the Diaz brothers throw isn't bad... They train with Andre Ward so they know there stuff. The southpaw slow jab dose work in my opinion.

Watch Sergio Martinez footwork, angels, and head movement.... not his hand placement. and Zab Judah has some great combos study him.... Manny Pac is a great study to me breaking down his game is difficult. So yea i hope some of this helped.

Comment

Working...
      X