Heavy Bag Training Vid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Bag Training Vid

Only 2 months into training... I hope to have my first fight by may or june

Im assuming youve only learned how to box 2 months ago, which in this case you look pretty decent for someone with only 2 months experience. Or did you just started training for a fight 2 months ago?

Im sure others will chime in with the same constructive criticism, you keep dropping your hands, dont extend your punches all the way, and you seem to move your head just for the sake of moving it. You should be slipping/ bobbing and weaving with a purpose, dont just bob left and right for the sake of movement.

Other than that, good luck with your training, and hope you do well on your next fight.

Comment

Also, you keep arm punching your left hook, rotate your lead foot and put your body into your hook. You also keep dropping your hands as part of your rythm before you throw your jab.

Comment

Not horrible for 2 months into picking up the sport (I am assuming), but you need a lot of work. Doubt you'd be ready for a first fight in 6 months.

A lot of jerky/bouncy foot and head movement for no real reason as someone else pointed out. Your footwork doesn't look very fluid. You would move a bit then wait for the bag to come to you flat footed then punch. One of the beauties of working a good swinging heavy bag is to practice punching while moving. Move and punch WITH the bag.

Your punching technique needs work. You wind/load up a LOT, you don't turn over your punches, you push your punches vs. snap them and your hooks come in an upward angle vs. having your forearm more parallel to the ground so they have no power.

A lot of criticism I know, but just being honest. Getting in the ring is no joke so better we be honest with you. It takes months of sparring just to get a decent level of technique seen on the heavy bag to transfer into sparring. If you aren't showing proper technique on the bag, you're not even ready to begin sparring.

Comment

I agree.

For the OP, i would suggest focusing on your fundamentals and mechanics, do the little things the right way before moving onto trying and doing too much with sloppy mechanics.

I would suggest high repetitions of jabs, straights, hooks, and uppercuts. Dont rush through the punch at first, take your time in front of a mirror to get the correct form down. Apply it to the heavy bag, but again, make sure the form is there, dont try and speed through your entire heavy bag workout because you are lacking form.

Comment

Habits form very quick with boxing and are very difficult to get rid of...that's why you want to start the right way. Establish good sound fundamentals and habits. Too much at stake not to. No margin for error in boxing. Take your time.

Comment

Working...
            X