Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you transfer weight properly on punches? Especially the rear cross?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you transfer weight properly on punches? Especially the rear cross?

Like when I throw a hook I find it easy and natural that the weight transfers from my lead foot to my rear foot.

But when I throw my cross when all the weight is on my back foot I fid it harder to turn my hips and they turn slower because of that weight, so then my puch is slower.

But if I have my weight already foward and on the front leg before I throw the cross, the cross is fast but isnt transfering the body weight.

How do I get weight Transfer right?

don't pivot your feet too much because it will throw you off balance

Comment

ima a righty but a southpaw nd had difficulty getting me left straight to feel natural (the way my R straight feels natural in orthodox) i worked on it first on a shadow boxing for proper movement, heavy bag then for landing the mitts for extension, then incorporate it into sparring for timing nd range finding

Comment

Weight transfer is pretty much like a pendulum moving left-right-left-right. If you ever noticed how a boxer bounces left to right when they are moving around. What they are doing is pretty much shifting their weight around. I just get in my fighting stance and shift my shoulders and weight forward and backward. All the way through my knees to the tip of my toes. Make sure you get good knee bend as well.

Practice bobbing and weaving under a horizontal rope in your gym. Left-right-left-right going forward under the rope then left-right-left-right going backwards under the rope. You'll learn how to manipulate the shifting of your weight and get a little more bounce in your step.

Just something you eventually kind of figure out I guess. I'm still learning of different ways to torque my body for extra power.

EDIT

Pretty much this

Last edited by Biolink; 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X