No announcement yet.

Which of you animals train twice a day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    From what i saw on the news today...you are going to get all the exercise you need just shoveling the snow in front of you door.
    Yes, I've done my fair share of shoveling the past couple of days. I hope it all melts this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
      just not internationally. i can get some fights locally.
      They have a Toughman equivalent in Canada?

Comment

you cant compete in the ams past 34, internationally or locally. you could compete in a fight that isnt sanctioned, but that really isnt smart. it has very low standards, refs dont know what they are doing and there is seldom a doctor present. your insurance wont cover any injuries either.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          you cant compete in the ams past 34, internationally or locally. you could compete in a fight that isnt sanctioned, but that really isnt smart. it has very low standards, refs dont know what they are doing and there is seldom a doctor present. your insurance wont cover any injuries either.
          Yes you can locally, sorry to have to correct you bro.

http://www.boxingontario.com/web_pag...page.php?ID=16

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
            They have a Toughman equivalent in Canada?
            Nah, you can box as an amateur in some provinces in Canada. In local tournaments, all sectioned by box Ontario (in my case).

Comment

Workout 1: Run/lift in the am.

Workout 2: Gym work in the evening at my MMA/Boxing gym...

Many fighters have a break between their morning and evening workouts...it makes sense to me. You don't want to be too fatigued when doing technique work.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I could be wrong but I think you're going to have a problem fighting amateur past 34 yrs in Canada anywhere. You can enter a Masters amateur tourni in the US...but they are not sanctioned in Canada although there is a group trying to change that. There are Canadians who compete in the World’s Masters Boxing Championships in the US...and even a heavyweight Champion from Ontario.

http://www.mastersboxingdivision.com/terry-witzu/

His email is listed on that site...you can contact him and ask him about it.
                Last edited by jaded; 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

My morning workout I'll try to squeeze in 2 miles jogging and do my boxing related workouts. Basically HiiT and body weight exercises(Pushups, ab work, squats, lunges, bear crawls, punching with weights in my hand, etc). Basically the meat of my workout.

My 2nd workout will be more technique intensive stuff. Skip rope, shadow boxing, footwork drills.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    .........38 yrs old???? Who you boxing "early Mid-Life Crisis?? Ray.
                    I lost all respect for you with that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      You can compete in the Masters program for fighters aged 34-40. At least thats how it is in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X