No announcement yet.

I've lost weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Report: Start Of Week 3 of Penny's Weight loss routine
    Starting weight 265. Current Weight 252. Total Net Loss -13lbs. Im kinda not seeing a difference jus maybe my face? and neck? and my legs no longer get tired or ache when i walk around for long periods and I can breathe alot better.

So I decided that the gym is better than running around outside!
    Right now I'm clocking in 60minutes nonstop on the eliptical machine
    4.6miles 500calories burned, after school. And Im doing it everyday
    because my legs dont get sore at all like when i was running outside I would do 3miles take and only burn about 200calories and take about an hour.

Hope to break under 250 by the end of this week.

Ps: Im doing 50 pushups (reps of 10) and 125(reps of 25) jumping jacks before bed. On another note this was only day 5 of doing cardio so I hope my weightloss increases since I will be doing it daily now or at least not plateu.

HARD WORK! HARD WORK! DEDICATION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennywise X View Post
      Progress Report: Start Of Week 3 of Penny's Weight loss routine
      Starting weight 265. Current Weight 252. Total Net Loss -13lbs. Im kinda not seeing a difference jus maybe my face? and neck? and my legs no longer get tired or ache when i walk around for long periods and I can breathe alot better.

because my legs dont get sore at all like when i was running outside I would do 3miles take and only burn about 200calories and take about an hour.

Ps: Im doing 50 pushups (reps of 10) and 125(reps of 25) jumping jacks before bed. On another note this was only day 5 of doing cardio so I hope my weightloss increases since I will be doing it daily now or at least not plateu.

You should take pics like i do, you ont have to post them but they will help you see the difference

here is what 10lbs of fat looks like

so you have lost more than that, great work

Comment

Best of luck on your weight loss journey Pennywise!

Remember that diet is the key factor here, so make sure you're eating a clean and balanced diet.

Comment

• I'm a skinny guy & have been all my life but I've noticed I'm starting to get some handles I definitely didn't have a year ago. I know I can get some abs quick if I try but damn...I'm lazy.

Good stuff, OP.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Best of luck on your weight loss journey Pennywise!

Remember that diet is the key factor here, so make sure you're eating a clean and balanced diet.
            Thanks for the support!!!! and example of my diet now is

breakfast 1/2cup oatmeal with water :/

2 hours later a snack (banana or 20 pistachios)

lunch turkey sandwich whole wheat bread mustard and spinach or lettuce, Or chicken spinach salad (lemon+water+a lil garlic dressin) or fish+boiled veggies (carrots+cauliflowers)

2 hours later a snack (apple/orange or 20 pistachios)

dinner chicken spinach salad (lemon+water+a lil garlic dressin) or fish+boiled veggies (carrots+cauliflowers) Last meal of the day

I dont eat past 730pm I sometimes drink orange juice with my lunch

The key to my "diet" is that I dont think of it as a diet i think of it as good for me food, I finally realized what unhealthy food/junk food had done to me and I no longer crave or desire mcdonalds or pizza even though it tastes so good!.

I expect to reach the 15lbs total lost by the end of this week.(3rd week)
            Im trying really hard my dream weight is 185lbs but every 5lbs will be a mile stone for me!, If I do crave red meat/fast food ill go to chipotle and get a steak burrito bowl no rice just pinto beans+lots of lettuce+there pico de gallo. (once a week top)

Can anyone rate my diet? im pretty sure its low calories.

Comment

• Lose the orange juice, a lot of sugars in that. Furthermore I think you can eat your oatmeal with milk to get in some protein in the morning. Especially because you don't eat after 7.30 pm. If you don't eat something for that long your body might slow down the metabolism to conserve energy and store energy as fat. So I would fit in a meal after 7.30 pm to keep your metabolism from slowing down. Preferably with a small meal that has cassein (type of protein) in it.

I think you can make your regimen even better if you add in some weighttraining. Do some compound exercises like squats, bench presses, or even pushups. Try to target as many large muscle groups as you can and hit them well. This might give your metabolism a kick in the right direction and also build some muscle. Your body will need to adapt and repair due to the exercises and this takes up more energy which increases your rate of progress. To be clear: this does not mean bicep curls, tricep extensions or ab crunches. Those are concentration exercises and only target their respective (small) muscle group. It does very little to build muscle or to kickstart your metabolism. Look up squats, deadlifts, pullups/chinups and bench presses to get you started. You could also look up different variations of push ups. But don't only focus on your upper body. The bigger muscle groups are in your lower body and when you do those exercises well you often hit a lot of other muscle groups in your upper body aswell. This gets you a much higher rate of progress and a better end result.

Finally, I have to say that i think your calory deficit is a bit steep. I'm no expert, but i don't think it's healthy to create a 1700 per day calory deficit. If you were to start training aswell, you would have to eat a bit more i believe. Creating a calory deficit is important, but kickstarting your metabolism perhaps is even more. If you only create a very big deficit you might get results at the start but eventually your body will adapt to conserve more energy which might lead to less and less result. Finally, take it easy on the jogging, you don't want to mess up your knees. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Facade View Post
                Lose the orange juice, a lot of sugars in that. Furthermore I think you can eat your oatmeal with milk to get in some protein in the morning. Especially because you don't eat after 7.30 pm. If you don't eat something for that long your body might slow down the metabolism to conserve energy and store energy as fat. So I would fit in a meal after 7.30 pm to keep your metabolism from slowing down. Preferably with a small meal that has cassein (type of protein) in it.

I think you can make your regimen even better if you add in some weighttraining. Do some compound exercises like squats, bench presses, or even pushups. Try to target as many large muscle groups as you can and hit them well. This might give your metabolism a kick in the right direction and also build some muscle. Your body will need to adapt and repair due to the exercises and this takes up more energy which increases your rate of progress. To be clear: this does not mean bicep curls, tricep extensions or ab crunches. Those are concentration exercises and only target their respective (small) muscle group. It does very little to build muscle or to kickstart your metabolism. Look up squats, deadlifts, pullups/chinups and bench presses to get you started. You could also look up different variations of push ups. But don't only focus on your upper body. The bigger muscle groups are in your lower body and when you do those exercises well you often hit a lot of other muscle groups in your upper body aswell. This gets you a much higher rate of progress and a better end result.

Finally, I have to say that i think your calory deficit is a bit steep. I'm no expert, but i don't think it's healthy to create a 1700 per day calory deficit. If you were to start training aswell, you would have to eat a bit more i believe. Creating a calory deficit is important, but kickstarting your metabolism perhaps is even more. If you only create a very big deficit you might get results at the start but eventually your body will adapt to conserve more energy which might lead to less and less result. Finally, take it easy on the jogging, you don't want to mess up your knees. Good luck.
                Thanks for your reply. Ill try to cut out the orange juice and maybe have an orange instead as part of my fruit snack variety.

I do 50 deep pushups sets of 10 before bed (hope to reach 100). Will do benching once my friend(aspiring football player ) who tore his ACL is back in workout shape to teach me.

And I dont put any pressure on my knee or joints cause my cardio (1 hour non stop 4.6mi 500calories) is all done on an eliptical machine.

Do you think its ok to eat my healthy turkey sandwich every day after my run? (WHole wheat bread 4 thin slices of turkey+spinach+mustard only).

And another question I kinda got a moob thing going on, fat over my chest and my sister told me I shudnt bench press or do pushups cause ill get muscle but the fat wont got away..or shud i not listen to her and continue to do cardio in the after noon and do my pushups and the fat will start to go down???

And I found out that cottage cheese has that cassein u were talking about maybe eat a little like at 8-9? something about it supplying amino acids to ur body while u sleep.

One more thing I feel like when I wake up Im crawling out of bed do you think doing some squats before school will give me a bit of energy and jump start my metabolism?

Comment

• Hi,

- I think you can eat your sandwich after your run. You do regular cardio, so you don't burn extra calories after your run. Therefore there is no harm in eating after.

- Cardio, HIIT and strength training all result in fat loss, so yes i think your sister is mistaken. What is true is that you don't burn fat locally, like for instance you don't lose fat on your belly when you do ab crunches. You lose fat as a percentage of your entire body. I see you're really affraid of getting manboob muscles. I think you don't have to be, but if this is really an issue for you there are plenty of other compound exercises you could give a try. Google exercise database and you'll get to a site called exrx. (I can't give the link because i'm not allowed to post urls with less than 15 posts :<)

Im not recommending like 1 exercise a day. I'm recommending a full body workout to give your metabolism a kick, so not just your chest muscles. A compound exercise means that there is more than 1 muscle/joint involved. So when you do bench presses, you are actually working out a lot of other muscles which leads to a greater stress on your body. This stress on your body is what you are looking for. To recover and to adjust, your body will spend energy and increase your metabolism. To achieve this effect however, you need to put your exercises together. Pushups spread throughout the day burn calories to, but don't give your body that much stress that it needs to adapt and therefore don't significantly increase your metabolism (answer to your final question). I would try to make a good full body workout routine with for example 4 sets of 8 of 4 compound exercises. This will take around 45-60 minutes. Again: focus on the big muscle groups so not just upper body. You don't need to do this every day, because your body needs time to recover so if you do it every day that would be bad. Just try 3 times a week.

- Yeah cottage cheese is what i mean I wasn't sure what word it was in English so i just named the protein.

I see you are putting in the work and that takes a lot of discipline, so very good job and keep it up!

Comment

if you're finding you can go on the elliptical nearly non-stop i am thinking you're not giving yourself enough resistance. turn up the incline slightly, every few days or so. even had a couple fractions of a mile to your speed. your body will make the necessary adjustments in due time. the important this in to keep challenging yourself so you don't plateau.

try this also:

hundredpushups.com

it's actually awesome.

Comment

• Just an update, my shoulder is still recovering so I'm just working legs at the moment, I'll lpost a pic when I have something worth showing

Comment

Working...
                      X